مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2005-02-26
  1. الجول

الجول عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-10
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I have question i need answer for it. The question is

Is Yemen changing for the better or for the worse in education and economy?

Please help me becuase i do not have enough informatin about that .

I will appreciate your help
    thanks

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2005-02-27
  3. العسيب

العسيب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-21
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    welcommmmmmmming brotherrrrrrrrr :D:eek:
    [frame="1 80"][grade="FF4500 4B0082 0000FF 000000 F4A460"]Economic factors as well as deep-rooted social and cultural attitudes and practices together with inadequate provisioning of educational facilities and the poor state of classrooms and school buildings account for low access to education. The quality of education is also deficient. Pedagogy in a typical school in Yemen is dominated by rote memorization of facts and fails to develop student capacities to explore, to question, to solve problems, to work in groups and to learn on their own. The focus of attention is on teaching and the teacher and not on learning.

New, more culturally appropriate textbooks have recently been produced for primary levels (years 1-6) but full distribution has not been achieved. In general, curriculum materials tend to be insufficiently relevant to children's environmental contexts and are gender biased.

The Education Survey of 1997-98 found that the existing pool of teachers is more than adequate to accommodate enrolment growth in basic education over the next decade. The challenge is providing more female teachers in rural areas. Female teachers comprise only 20% of all teachers in the sector and this factor has been identified as a major deterrent to girls' enrolment and retention in school in rural areas. In addition, the large majority of teachers are not trained, poorly motivated, have a low status, and have few incentives for professional excellence. Teacher supervision and support is irregular and teacher absenteeism is a major impediment. These problems affect the quality of education both at primary and secondary levels.

In rural Yemen, the scarcity of schools means that children have to traverse a long distance. Few schools means a large class size and/or the school being used for double shift, usually for an exclusive shift for girls and a shift for boys. Most schools are not clean and neither do they have water and sanitary facilities that would enable girls to enroll and stay in school.

Inefficiency of the sector’s managerial capacities has hampered its performance. Access to education is further limited by poverty and gender. For the poorest families, direct costs (the expense of school fees, books, transport, and uniforms), as well as opportunity costs of sending their children to school affect their decision significantly.

In general, secondary education is characterized by limited capacity to absorb students as a consequence of lack of material and human resources necessary to establish new secondary schools and accommodate graduates from basic education. In many cases, secondary education classes are annexed on to basic education classes (and taught by basic education teachers) when there is an insufficient number of graduates to justify opening a first secondary class. Enrolment in technical and vocational education is low as it is considered to be of lower status than university education. Higher education in the nineties has been characterized by low female enrolment (about 17% but increasing in recent years), horizontal expansion due to the opening of new public universities (the country has a total of 7) and the private sector's interest to invest
    in this sub-sector.
    but what ever brother you should know that
    yemen now is better than before
    [/grade][/frame]with all my love to you

yeah brother would like to say something how will develope our country for better
    if there is some people which they are continuo ....shetting and stolen the government

you rs

[grade="FF4500 4B0082 0000FF 000000 F4A460"]there is never wrong time to do something right [/grade]

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2005-02-27
  5. الجول

الجول عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-10
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Brother al3seb thank u for helpping me, i appreciate that

god bless you

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2005-03-04
  7. اسعد الكامل

اسعد الكامل عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-24
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

الاخ الجوال

[align=left]In 4th grade, 20 years ago, in yemen I was able to read and write really well

in the 12th grade they can't read nor can they write at this time and age

One hundred riyals 20 years ago could buy you one weekof house supplies

One hundred Riyals now can't buy you a chicken

So is Yemen moving forward with Education and Economy

Or is Yemen going back ward in cruise control

It depends on who you are asking سلام

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2005-03-04
  9. اليمني الجريح

اليمني الجريح قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-02-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

I cant answer your question with a better answer than this
    thanks for asking
    and thanks for our brother اسعد الكامل for answering with this great words
    I hope you found what you want
    GOOD LUCK

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2005-03-05
  11. SamiAlganhey

SamiAlganhey عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-11-29
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    كود PHP:
    [font=Tahoma][size=7][B][I][U]That Explains it all[/U][/I][/B][/size][/font]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة