مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2004-12-24
  1. Sheba

Sheba عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-11
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [​IMG]
    Dramatic clouds of gas and dust are illuminated by stars in the southern half of the Orion nebula. Image: Joint Astronomy Centre

Astronomers have produced some amazing pictures using a remarkable new instrument on the United Kingdom Infrared Telescope in Hawaii.
    The Wide Field Camera (WFCAM), built at the UK Astronomy Technology Centre in Edinburgh, is the world's most powerful infrared survey camera.

WFCAM was trained on a region of star formation in the Orion constellation about 1,500 light-years away.

The stunning images cover an area of sky that was unobtainable before.

"The ability to see such a large area at once, with state-of-the-art detectors, makes WFCAM the fastest infrared survey instrument in the world, bar none," commented Dr Andy Adamson, head of operations at the Hawaii telescope, which is sited on top of the Mauna Kea mountain.

Wide view

The full WFCAM view of Orion covers an area that is 1,200 times larger than that covered by the Hawaiian telescope's previous infrared camera UFTI.

It is also some 3,600 times larger than that covered by the Hubble Space Telescope's infrared camera, called Nicmos.

The astronomers combined observations with different infrared filters to give a "colour" image, showing dramatic clouds of gas and dust in the southern half of the Orion nebula, a region of intense star formation.

The cluster of stars in the bright region is known as the "Trapezium"
    The images reveal not only the illuminated edges of clouds and filaments, but also thousands of young stars that are otherwise hidden from view at visible light wavelengths by the gas and dust.

WFCAM detects infrared light, or heat radiation, which is the key to understanding many types of astronomical objects.

These include stars in our own galaxy and beyond, interstellar clouds, the mysterious "failed stars" known as brown dwarfs, and quasars at the edge of the observable Universe.

Dr Paul Hirst, WFCAM instrument scientist, said: "WFCAM will be used to do surveys of the infrared sky, which will detect objects 100 times fainter than those in the deepest existing surveys.

"This survey programme will take up to seven years to complete and will provide astronomers with a picture of the infrared sky to unprecedented depth."

BBC.com

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2004-12-24
  3. Rami83

Rami83 عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-09
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thank you dear sister for these useful and interesting information, in fact I like stars so much .. when I feel with grief or sadness I like to see the moon with her sons (the stars).. that’s make me so happy and make me feel that life is very sweet .. The sky and the moon are the inspirer of the poets in all ages... please forgive me sis. For this long-windedness, but when I see the sky I cant stop talking about the beauty.. Thank you again and please accept all my love and regards..

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2004-12-24
  5. العسيب

العسيب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-21
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [​IMG]
    [grade="FF4500 4B0082 0000FF 000000 F4A460"]The Moon not only represents illusion caused by powerful emotions, but also illusion or trickery created by other people’s lies or misleading behavior. Therefore, when The Moon appears in a reading, it’s a good idea to question your motives and those of people close to you, and it is best to refrain from making firm decisions until you know and feel a sense of certainty about your choices.

dear brother really i like to look at ...

thanks for this nice subject

with all my love
    [/grade]

you rs

[grade="FF4500 4B0082 0000FF 000000 F4A460"]there is never wrong time to do something righ t[/grade]

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2004-12-24
  7. جراهام بل

جراهام بل مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-04-05
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    scientific and amazing topic
    sister sheba,space is a sea with lots of secret inside.Difficult to figure out and impossible to know whal it's all about
    no matter you dive deep and you go far ,you still not going to get the reality of this magical place
    by the way, I watch BBC often and it's better than CNN(it's my own opinion) they don't have tendecy to any region
    or that's what I THINK :)
    thanks for dropping your attributed post here
    regards

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2004-12-24
  9. AlBOSS

AlBOSS قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-06-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    اللقب الاضافي:
    نجم المجلس اليمني 2005
    I loved it
    Great one
    and well done

Many thanks

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2004-12-25
  11. Sheba

Sheba عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-11
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Rami

You seem to have some deep emotions. People who adore the sky and its beauty are usually those who are very compassionate. I love the sky as well, and I love staring at the stars, but unfortunately, I don't think I hold so much emotions as you do. Thanks for commenting on my post

3aseeb

I'm sorry I spell your name that way. And thanks for contributing with us on this topic. I'm not a "bro" by the way..I'm a sister

3adel

You are totally correct about both, the skies and CNN. I don't like watching CNN, they get on my nerves. It's like they have this channel to deceive, distort and of course LIE to the audience. They have no cridibility. Shame on them. I remeber there was once a protest in front of one of its offices in NYC, the portesters were screaming "YOU ARE LYING TOO!!". They think it's easy to deceive the world, they can't realize that people are not so dumb and blind

AlBoss

I'm glad you liked it

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2004-12-25
  13. AlBOSS

AlBOSS قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-06-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    اللقب الاضافي:
    نجم المجلس اليمني 2005
    Me too, what about this one

[​IMG]

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2004-12-25
  15. العسيب

العسيب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-21
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

so sister
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2004-12-26
  17. Sheba

Sheba عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-12-11
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    3aseeb
    No need for apology, you weren't the only one who thought I was a male..:rolleyes:

AlBoss

Beautiful picture, thanks

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2004-12-31
  19. عمرنسر

عمرنسر عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-11-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [glow1=993366]thanks

Subhan Allah Aladim

my regards to all