!!!All what we have studied was rubbish

الكاتب : Dilemma   المشاهدات : 450   الردود : 5    ‏2004-07-17
poll

Really it's a big dilemma when most of the ss. graduated with no clear back groud.

1. Is it their fault?

0 صوت
    0.0%
  2. Curriculum designers?

2 صوت
    50.0%
  3. Teachers and their own ordinary way of bridging information

2 صوت
    50.0%
  4. Surroundings?

0 صوت
    0.0%
  5. the Middle East conflict?

0 صوت
    0.0%
التصويت المتعدد مسموح به
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2004-07-17
  1. Dilemma

Dilemma مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2004-06-27
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Some of us have already graduated and the others undergraduate.
    What is next for those who had finished? Are we qualified to make “at least” interesting
    And interacting conversation?
    Unfortunately, we are all know that a strong percent of us are not!!
    We even can not defense on Islam if we have been asked about, or attacked by our common enemies. Except a pretty low down percent!!
    We have been prepared in order to passer down the curriculum to the new generation as it is!!!
    Let’s be honest and ask our selves that, all what we have studied was rubbish? Have not we.
    If “ wrong”, are we that qualified to represent our religion? Even if we are talking about 4 years of hard working?
    If not, then, whose fault is it?!! Is it our fault, curriculum designers, teachers and their own ordinary way of bridging information, surroundings or the Middle East conflict?
    One or more of the above is possible. or maybe not.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2004-07-18
  3. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [color=CC0000]Dear Dilemma
    You touched on a really important issue. I agree with you 100%
    :Let me break your questions into 2 main threads
    1. Are the English graduates really prepared
    2. Whose fault that graduates are not prepared[/color]

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2004-07-18
  5. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [align=left][color=336633]Regarding the first question I would ask you and every body WHAT we mean by PREPARED
    ?Prepared for what? And how
    ?What do you consider as prepared
    Is it the communication skills? Then I would say, well the Eng. Dept. prepares you to teach, not to speak
    But how can you teach a language that you can not speak
    !!!What a Delimma
    So, I would assume that prepared means "being able to communicate well in spoken and written English as well as teach the language if you are in Education
    I agree the colleges do NOT really prepare us well, graduates are underprepared in this sense

Second Point follows[/color]

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2004-07-18
  7. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Second point
    [color=000033]Whose fault??? Well, we can accuse the USA or the Imam or the Secessionists (Infisaaleen, i dunno if the spelling is correct), we can accuse al-Qaedah. But the fact is "it is every body's fault", but mainly NOT the students. Not at all[/color].
    [color=006633]1. I would say the Curriculum is number ONE. Curriculum designers focus on toooo much Literature and not enough Educational topics in English. Not enough communication skills[/color]
    [color=CC3300]2. Too many students in a language class, how can you learn spoken Eng[/color]
    [color=000099]3. Lack of books in the libraries and so HANDOUTS corrupt our brains[/color]
    4. [color=000033]INDIAN professors[/color]
    [color=663399]5. Students do not seek to learn from other sources, like radio, TV, Cinema, etc[/color]
    6. [color=0000CC]Lack of orientation and guidance from the public[/color][/color]
    [color=000033]But most important is the CURRICULUM and the curriculum policy makers. They can think better about what they want to get out of the graduates and design the curriculum to that end

Delimma, it is a delimma and it needs a lot of discussion. may be you can focus on one aspect and discuss it endlessly
    I wish this topic receives good discussion[/color]
    PS
    If you think my English is good, that's because I have taught and studied in USA after my BA from Yemen, but when I first graduated, my English was much much worse
    I like your ideas. Keep the thoughts coming

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2004-07-24
  9. جراهام بل

جراهام بل مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-04-05
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    repeated

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2004-07-24
  11. جراهام بل

جراهام بل مشرف سابق