Let's correct the mistakes of each other..

الكاتب : الحجاجي عامر   المشاهدات : 1,124   الردود : 10    ‏2003-11-21
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2003-11-21
  1. الحجاجي عامر

الحجاجي عامر عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-10-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Dear freinds : Khawatem Mubarakeh [align=justify][align=left]

As you know that learning a language is not an easy task. And it is normal that a learner committes mistakes during the learning process . So I think that it is a good chance to try to correct the mistakes of each other in this page or in the other pages. While my reading to some articles and contributions in this fourm I met with many errors and I am sure that I have lots of errors and I would be very happy I found the person who corret them and explain to me WHY.
    Do you agree with me and support my suggestion? If you do please start with adding your own topic . any topic you select is welcome warmly.
    I am waiting eagerly.

Amer

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2003-11-21
  3. ابن نفل

ابن نفل قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2002-03-24
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    نص مقتبس من رسالة : الحجاجي عامر
    <<<<<<<
    الصواب >> commits وليس ((committes))
    وجب التنويه أخي الكريم عامر

ِAs for your suggestion, I totally agree with you
    Regards

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2003-11-21
  5. ماجدولين

ماجدولين مشرفة سابقة مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-24
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

Dear Amer,
    you r welcome in our forum and i agree with u >>
    u can start from now if u want>>>
    go to any topic and if u find any mistake u can tell the meant person about his error in a polite way without hurting his feelings>>>

Instead of saying I would be very happy I found the person who correct them>>>
    I would be very happy if I found the person who correct them>>>
    or to find the person........etc

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2003-11-21
  7. ابن نفل

ابن نفل قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2002-03-24
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Re: Re: Let's correct the mistakes of each other..

نص مقتبس من رسالة : ماجدولين
    الصواب ماجدولين
    هو the person concerned
    وليس the meant person

وسامحونا

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2003-11-21
  9. جراهام بل

جراهام بل مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-04-05
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    As I said before,the main purpose of learning English is to communicate with each other,so there’s no need to hunt on mistakes.Come on guys,there are some new members come to share us opinions in this forum and we don’t want to discourage them.I’ve told abo yemen asly about this point along time ago and we had deal.

By contacting us,they will learn some grammatical points and other point of views that related to the English language.

Hope all of you got me,it’s just an advice,and that what they tought us in Canada.Communication is the main purpose and as long as you can get people understood you,there’s no need for the secondary stuff.

My best regards to 3amer,magdoline and ibn nafl.

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2003-11-21
  11. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Adel
    I agree with what you said & I don't advise anyone to correct mistakes and errors in any post EXCEPT if it is in a chosen post for correction.
    Let me explain:
    In this topic, for example, anyone can post something for correction and we can share and learn, but not in all the posts because that is discouraging

Adel
    When you told me about that last time it was because I was not happy with the guy who was correcting Bent Yafe3 & I started showing him that even in his corrections he made mistakes, so to say, everyone's language is vulnerable to mistakes.

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2003-11-21
  13. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    So your idea brother 3amer is GREAT if it is restricted to one FIXED topic, where any member can come & ask for correction.
    We can post sentences (SHORT sentences) not long paragraphs and some members volunteer to correct

That will be cool

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2003-11-23
  15. T_K

T_K قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-06
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    اقتباس:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear freinds : Khawatem Mubarakeh
    As you know that learning a language is not an easy task. And it is normal that a learner committes mistakes during the learning process . So I think that it is a good chance to try to correct the mistakes of each other in this page or in the other pages. While my reading to some articles and contributions in this fourm I met with many errors and I am sure that I have lots of errors and I would be very happy I found the person who corret them and explain to me WHY.
    Do you agree with me and support my suggestion? If you do please start with adding your own topic . any topic you select is welcome warmly.
    I am waiting eagerly.

Amer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOW ABOUT I TRY TO REWRITE THE WHOLE THING:

As you know learning a language is not an easy task, and it is normal that a learner commits mistakes during the learning process. So, I think that it is a good idea to try to correct the mistakes of each other in this page. While my readings to some articles and contributions in this forum, I met many errors and I am sure that I, as well, have lots of errors. Thus, I would be very happy to find the person who would correct and explain them to me; as to WHY they are wrong.
    Do you agree with me and support my suggestion?
    If you do, please start with adding your own topics. Any topic you select is warmly welcome.
    I'll be waiting eagerly.

Amer

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2003-11-29
  17. saddam

saddam عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2002-10-15
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Hi all

A fast read in order to correct the first line of the last correction

As u know, learning English is not ....... etc
    or as the writer said at the begining:
    As u know that learning English is not

best rgds.

urs
    SADDAM

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2003-11-29
  19. أبو يمن اصلي

أبو يمن اصلي قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    نص مقتبس من رسالة : saddam
    perfect Saddam
    BUT
    If you use the second structure "as you know that learning a language is ....
    then the meaning will be different and you will also need to complete the
    sentence using another complimentary half of a conditional sentence

Example:
    As you know that learning a language requires learning its vocabulary, you should first buy a dictionary

So the use of the phrase "as you know" makes a huge difference in both the meaning and structure of the sentence. And the key difference starts at putting the comma after it or not

مشاركة هذه الصفحة