الكاتب : yemenreform   المشاهدات : 632   الردود : 12    ‏2007-12-02
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-12-02
  1. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I am not sure if you heard about this story of a teacher in Sudan that is facing Jail time in Sudan. I was reading about this in another Yemeni forum and I was wondering what you guys thought of the situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314401,00.html

Keep in mind that you are reading from a right wing conservative news outlet

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-12-02
  3. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

crazy story - i cant imagen that
    thanks for sharing

[​IMG]

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-12-02
  5. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I heard about that,,, she named that bear mohamed as disrespecting
    our prophet Mohamed peace and blessing be upon him...

That's why she is now facing the court in Sudan...​

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-12-02
  7. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

I think that this incident could have been dealt with wisely at its smallest level. I am not sure why it had to come this far.

So far all I have read is the noise of all the right wing conservative papers and media networks trying to amplify the situation into something to badmouth Islam.

I think that is the real important thing that I am observing recently. The growth of negative publicity of Islam.

Anyone can easily start a similar incident by "mistakenly" stepping on the Quran or urinating in a Masjid or making fun of our prophet.

Are we going to allow them to continue their media campaign against Islam?
    That is my question

It is a sad truth, but I hope this is not their way of dehumanizing Muslims to excuse their barbaric actions and imperial plans for the resources of the Middle East and Africa.

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-12-02
  9. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    قال سبحانه: (ولن ترضى عنك اليهود ولا النصارى حتى تتبع ملتهم قل إن هدى الله هوا الهدى) سورة البقرة..

brother what you want the western media to do??? fight with islam
    against their governments, they are the most important think in western governments...
    and they play an important rule in changing all of the Middle Eastern News...

The answer to your question is a question: What do you want us to do???
    were are hypernating newadays...​

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-12-03
  11. Di7bash

Di7bash عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-23
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    It is unfortunate that although we are already in the 21st centuary and although we have powerfull tools (such as the internet) to understand the western mentality/behaviour we still can't (or maybe refuse to) comprehend such mindset.
    I can assure you that this poor teacher didn't have any ill-intentions. To the contrary she went down to sudan for a noble mission, the mission of education.
    Moreover, she was not the one who named the teddy bears ,she merely accepted what he students suggested to name their bears.
    Mohammed is a very common name and names are largely symbolic. They are mere titles that are used to refer to a single entity not the collective.
    Therefore, any connotations or implications attached to a name doesn't apply to everyone who holds the name.
    For example when I say that Sam is an idiot a rational person would understand that i am refering to a specific sam not each and every sam in this world
    I guess what i am trying to convey here is that when the teacher accepted such names she wasn't trying to insult our prophet .

I guess the problem is that our minds are filled with conspiracy theories that the west is out there to get us and they will do everything to destroy us.
    Combine this with a bitter government in Sudan that is trying to send a political message to Britain through this poor teacher and you have a very reasonable explaination to what is happening.

However, i think that the teacher should be blamed (certainly not improsened) for not researching and undrtanding the cultural norms of the country before going there .

Peace out!

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-12-03
  13. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Just to make sure you understand
    There are people in the United States that do not want peace with the middle east. They have different motivations from religious to financiall and polliticall.

These people from the conservative right too the evangelical Christians to the zionist lobby have enormous influence on the media

They currently take advantage of any little thing that happens in a Muslim country too badmouth Islam

I agree that this incidence may not be pre-planned, but how difficult is it for another tourist to make another mistake to get on the news again. The key as you suggest is in our reactions to these events.

That is the reason we have Al-Jazeerah and other satellite networks. That is why we have the internet forums. It is not just too speak too other Yemeni people, but too educate non Yemenis and non Muslims about our culture and religion.

If you google my name Yemenreform you will see that I try to put as much material as I can r have time for to highlight the beauty of Yemen and its religion and culture..

I suggest that everyone on the English forum try to do the same
    You are the ambassadors of Yemen and Islam

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-12-03
  15. Di7bash

Di7bash عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-23
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Hmmmmmm.
    Ok......I totally agree with you that there are certain groups in the west who would exploite an incident to smear islam and muslims. However, we are the ones who usually expose ourselfes and give such groups the chance to do what they want to do.
    Blaming the west is not going to get us anywhere.
    Instead we should blame ourselves.
    For Gods sake hundreds of people went out in the streets in Khartoom protesting and burning effigies of the poor teacher.
    Regardless of my religion, beliefs and political inclinations i most certainly condemn such actions...
    Believe me my friend there is no greater enemy to us than ourselves!
    and we have yet to understand that.........

Chaw!

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-12-04
  17. صيد الخاطر

صيد الخاطر عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-10-29
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

She back home now, she was released last night
    While back in Sudan they are still protesting

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-12-05
  19. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    The day this lady was arrested it was on the front page of every news paper.

but after they released her they printed it on the 5th page.

مشاركة هذه الصفحة