مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-11-20
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Be Thankful.....
    On my way to work by train and by bus I always come across people with various illnesses and disabilities. The other day there was this blind old man who wasn’t able to cross the road so Alhamdulillah I was there to help him cross safely. My instant reaction is to feel sorry for him and assume that life must be really difficult. At the time same it’s an excellent reminder to thank Allah for what he has given me. It reminds me to be thankful for all the other little things that I take for granted everyday.

Unfortunately, we Muslims are so caught up in our daily life, that we very rarely take the time to thank Allah for what he has given us. Instead of being grateful for what we have, many of us keep wishing for more. We seem to be more distracted by the things we don’t have.

Alhamdulillah we all have so much to be thankful for and it is a shame to just take it for granted. We have a roof over our head, as much water and food as we need and YET we still complain. These are all favours of Allah and we should not take it for granted or even become arrogant, thinking that we somehow attained these things because of our own efforts alone. If we woke up healthy this morning then we are more fortunate than the million who will not survive the week.

The problem that most of us do is complain about the most pettiest things, ‘If only I had green eyes’, ‘If only I had fair/dark skin’ or ‘if only I had more money’ – the list goes on and on. We seem to be more focused on the things we DON’T have, instead of being thankful to Allah for the things we DO have. We are so blessed Alhamdulillah yet we are not aware of it.

Anyway, I thought this thread would be a good reminder for us all. Let's thank Allah for what we have. Let’s try and help those less fortunate than us. Let’s enjoy the gift of each new day and appreciate the value of what we already have.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-11-20
  3. yemen_samurai

yemen_samurai عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-19
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    that's what going on, unfortunatly

thanks sister for that

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-11-20
  5. Bero

Bero الجهاز الإداري

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-06-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks honey for this toutchable point out....We really do not appreciate what Allah Gives Us.....and unfortunately, we know nothing about those poeple who are missing for what we have

Thanks

Bero

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-11-20
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thx magdi for ur agreement

[​IMG]

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-11-20
  9. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

THANKS
    my dear BERO
    for this comment
    u are always more then WELCOME

[​IMG]

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-11-21
  11. warrington1

warrington1 قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-10-29
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    BAA
    [/CENTER
    AAWW]

EXCELLENT tHOUGHT
    We should think about what is happening around us
    eg Bangladesh

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-11-21
  13. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks for the reminder sis, that's right , we tend to get caught up in our daily life when really
    A good way to make Allah’s favors dearer to us is look at those who are lacking them.
    All of these favors encourage us to thank Allah

Alhamdulliah

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-11-21
  15. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thats sooooooooo right
    thanks for giving this reply

[​IMG]