الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 396   الردود : 4    ‏2007-11-02
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-11-02
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    April 18th, 2006 Internet, as viewed by some is the inevitable result of the combined technologies of various communication tools such as the television and the telephone, and the computer. Without such technologies, the Internet will not be possible. But others view the Internet as similar to other great inventions of our time. That the Internet is a product of many radical concepts put together, numerous determined efforts exerted, and the continuous and unstoppable creation of more ideas.
    Ideas about creating a system that will allow several different computers to share information with each other began when the possibilities of a nuclear attack and a breakdown in communications are looming on the horizon of the United States. Perhaps, there is some truth to the saying “necessity is the mother of inventions”.
    At the same time, J.C.R. Licklider (of MIT), joined the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) in order to head the development of a global network of computers. His vision of having someone form one computer access data from another computer is basically what the present Internet is all about.
    Leonard Kleinrock, perhaps responding to the vision of Licklider, proceeded to develop the packet switching theory. This theory described the possibility of placing information of data in “datagrams” or packets. And several years later, Paul Baran (hired by the USAF) created the packet switch network, which was based on Kleinrock’s work.
    In 1965, Lawrence Roberts (also of MIT) attempted to connect a computer in Massachusetts to a computer in California, using the dial-up telephone lines. Apparently, the telephone line cannot adequately handle the connection, but Roberts’ work showed wide area networking is possible. He then joined DARPA and developed the ARPANET. This ARPANET is the original name of Internet.
    ARPANET went online in 1969 using computers from four major universities, the UCLA, the SRI, the UCSB, and the University of Utah. Such was carried out by the BBN (Bolt Beranek and Newman, Inc) company, which was headed by Bob Kahn.
    To make the system more efficient, Kahn collaborated with Vint Cerf (of SRI) to develop the present TCP/IP, or Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol. This changed the vehicle of Internet connection from a vehicle driver (which is NCP) to a communications protocol. The TCP/IP brought about what Kahn needed in an Internet connection. These are:
    1. Each network must be able to stand on its own and need not undergo changes each time it connects to the Internet
    2. Information in packets that was sent and lost can be transmitted again.
    3. Gateways and routers need not retain information so that the whole system will be simplified.
    4. Operations at the local level will not be subject to any global control.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-11-02
  3. The Hunter

The Hunter عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Great information Sister and it will be more useful for those who are Information Technology. But what I have observed no one gives his comments regarding this topic, which I see it, a good topic to gain knowledge about the internet and its connection (packets, router, gateways and such thing related). Thanks for this topic ya Sister Rita

The Hunter

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-11-02
  5. Bero

Bero الجهاز الإداري

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-06-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Dear Rita...I really do like these information about IT...Actually, it is part of my work and I gained alot of useful things....Those men who worked for developing the access and the databases could help their collegues to continue and starting the network and so on..It is really amazing when we know how all these things happen and who start it and who continue it
    Thanks sis Rita for such valuable lines

Bero

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-11-02
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

dear hunter,

but thats normal that not a lot are commenting back.....they just blame and ask always for making the forum higher, but they dont really want it...........so thats ok and u will be used with this as im used with it for a long time now...........
    but

i thank u so much for jumping in and giving me a feedback

[​IMG]

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-11-02
  9. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thank u so so much my sweet sister and im happy, that u could get benefit from this

thanks a lot BERO

[​IMG]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة