1. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Salam everyone"

how are you all......

I was wondering the other day about what's the difference between a Bid'ah and our Yemeni traditional acts?

for those who don't know what a bid'ah is, it's an innovation and
    .The Prophet sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said:
    "Every Bid'ah (innovation) is misguidance"(Ahmad, Tirmidhi and others). All new innovation are rejected by Allah because the Prophet sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: He who does something which is not according to what we (i.e., the Prophet sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam and his companions) are upon then it is rejected

." for example, celebrating the Mawlid or birthday of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet himself (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) did not do this or command anyone to do it, either during his lifetime or after his death

Therefore, the Bid’ah of Al-Mawlid is misguidance which is rejected and has no significance to the religion of Islam.

Now in our Yemeni tradition there are some act's that people still do till today, for example, when a couple get married they tell them to step over a sheep before entering the house, or when somebody enters his new house they tell him to Slaughter a chicken and spread it's blood around the house!...and lot's more, I am sure there are a lot you can share with me.....
    I once heard from a Quran teacher that saying"sadak allah Alatheem" when you finish reading Quran is a Bid'ah, because the prophet (peace be upon him) didn't say it, instead he use to say "hasbok".......

The question is , Do traditional acts have something to do with Bid'ah and are they considered Bid'ah(innovation)?

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-10-31
  3. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    wa alaikum asslam wa rahmatuallahe wa barakatuh
    I hope everyone is fine!
    First, you have mentioned that you heard from a Quran teacher that saying"sadak allah Alatheem" when you finish the Quran is Bid'ah. That's true, because allah is the only one perfect, and whatever he said is true and he is truthful without complementing him..
    Traditions, sometimes, could be Bed'a. For instance, if that particular tradition has been given credit to the religion, and it is not, undoubtedly, it is a Bed'ah. Relgious believes only go by evidences and proves either from the Quran or the Sunah of the prophet (peace and blessing be up on him). On the other hand, some traditions are not Bed'3 at all, and they might cultural believes that brings good behaviors and attitudes in the arabic culture. The only difference is, if those traditions have been carried out as religious believes they become Bed'3. Our religion is completed and it is not short of anything, and therefore it does not need anyone/thing to complete it. As I studied and as far as I know, some of the traditional acts could be Bed'3 and some will just be good manners.
    Thank you very much for the Great topic you've come up with
    Qs please
    What made you think of that topic? Are you currently studying Quran?
    Best Regards

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-10-31
  5. yemen_samurai

yemen_samurai عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-19
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    great job ma'am,
    i will be back with my opinion

thanks

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-10-31
  7. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    About saying Sadak allah altheem, i never said it since I heard it's a Bid'ah in 10th grade. your explanation really made sense , I've been lately reading for alshek Alkarathawey a book called alfatawa almo3aserah...there was a section about what's considered a Bid'ah in islam, which made me think about our traditions . like you said some traditions represent good manners, but other traditions people think it has a good side to it as a protection, but you might doubt it's a bid'ah or it is a bid'ah that's what made me confused like the examples i mentioned above especially spreading blood around a new house, one of my neighbors did that, knowing that she knows that protection is in Allah's hands only, but still she preforms it, saying that it all depends on
    النية ?now how is that understood
    . حرز speaking about traditions, also when a mom puts a
    on her kid believing it will protect him..I know that is definitely a bid'ah
    sorry if my reply is not organized lol...
    Thanks H.L

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-10-31
  9. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I'll be waiting for your reply.....
    Thanks

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-11-01
  11. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks alot Samiah for your clarification...
    you have mentioned couple of things that are worse than a Bedi3h
    Those you have mentioned will, definitally, go under the Shirk Section
    Beheading animals is a worship to allah 3ibadah, so it is not deserved
    to be given to anyone except allah... Spreading blood in weddings
    when the couples get into the house, they "who do it" think it puts away
    the evil... and the only one does that is allah... That's prohibited, as well
    as slaughtering chickene....
    What even worse than that is a Hirz حرز,
    it is considered to be of the Biggest Shirk...
    Slaughtering is a 3ibadah, so allah is the only one who is worshipped
    by that 3ibadah....
    النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم يقول: (*** الله من ذبح لغير الله) من حديث علي في الصحيحين
    ويقول صلى الله عليه وسلم: (من علق خرزةً أو تميمةً فقد كفر)
    I hope it could be understood....
    Thanks again Samiah

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-11-01
  13. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    it’s sad and annoying to me that people perform them under different names

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: الحرام بين والحلال بين وبينهم امور مشتبهات فمن اتقى الشبهات فقد برئلدينه وعرضة

bottom line, it’s very important to be aware of such traditions that lead to perform Akbar alkbair which is shirk,,, and others that have to do with bid’ah
    Knowledge is the main point here
    jazak allah keeran

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-11-01
  15. yemenidude

yemenidude عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-17
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    yes saying sadakallahu alatheem after saying a soorah is bidda'h, that is if you are used to saying that after each soorah... but if saying it once in a while its ok. And the rest that should be explained hunter lover explained it and thanks.

A couple of small things i should mention is hirz, such as of putting the holy quran on the arm or on the mirror of a car. Even if those things are small but eventually could leed into something bigger. And finally we always should ask Allah for forgiveness.

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-11-01
  17. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    good reminding brother
    Thx

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-11-02
  19. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق