الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 442   الردود : 3    ‏2007-09-27
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-09-27
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    i was reading a discussion about whether non-Muslims should be forced to accommodate Muslims during the month of Ramadan by not eating at work, not drinking water in their , not smoking, etc.
    do u think some Muslims have really lost the whole idea of Ramadan????

they shorten school and work hours;
    ban everyone from eating and drinking around them;
    ??sleep all day and eat all night! where's the sacrifice in that?

what do you think?
    does is make a difference if you are living in a secular country or a so-called Muslim country?
  2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-09-28
  3. إبراهيم ناصر

إبراهيم ناصر مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    passed to say hi

will be back
  4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-09-28
  5. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :

the concept of Ramadan and fasting does not differ by the countries we live in rather a muslim or a secular country.

Allah say in the quran:لَكُمۡ دِينُكُمۡ وَلِىَ دِينِ
    Translation: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

our Islamic morals and teachings prevents us from annoying people, that is totally not right to force a non-Muslim to not eat around a Muslim because it's Ramadan. The concept of fasting is greater than those acts you mentioned. but, unfortunately sister Rita, some Muslims have a few knowledge of that concept.

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-09-29
  7. Bero

Bero الجهاز الإداري

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    Thank You sis for this topic...First, I would like to speak about Ramadan. Ramadan is not only sleeping and eating all night. People stop eating all day ...and at the dusk ,they start eating and they continuing praying to the middle of the night and sometimes till the dawn....So some poeple can not bear awake all day so they sleep .But some people lose the right meaning of Ramdan and they sleep all day without praying....Now, the wisdom of being fasting all day is to feel the poor people and how they are suffering from lack of food and money ...Poeple get out some of their money for those poor poeple to help them and feel them...Second, Non-Muslim are not obligated to do not eat or drink around Muslims!!!! And they are not band but it is kind of respect of Muslims' felling and religion...
    People cannot bear working without eating and drinking so, they shorten school and work hour....and for me, there is no difference if I live in a secular country or so....Thanks...​

مشاركة هذه الصفحة