القلم الثائر عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-09
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    how many yemeni stores in nyc
    a question i was recently asked by a non yemeni
    and i struggled mightly to try to answer my friend question
    although every where you go in new york city you see present of yemenies whether its the sound of ayoob coming out from the 24hr windows of groceries store or the always on 24hr open sign
    whether its the bronx manhatan queens brooklyn staten island even yonkers the presence of yemenies is very noticable yet no one knows the exact numbers of yemeni emigrant or yemeni owned bussinesses in nyc a constant reminder of the lack of unity and leadership of our couminutyand sadly this time we cant blame the incombantant yemeni government of our hardship
    and by the way if any one knows any place where i could find some numbers reagrading yemenis in the united states i would be a preciated if he or she forward it to me so i could answer my friend questions and the many more questions that exist in my head

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-09-04
  3. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Bro to know alot about what you asking, you need to be active member here. here we talk alot about Yemeni community in America and their issues

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-09-04
  5. القلم الثائر

القلم الثائر عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-09
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

i asume that you have all the numbers that i struggled to get
    since you are a more active coumintey member then i am another typical yemeni instead of acknowldeging the problem we always trying to find some other excuses to deny its existance prove me wrong

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-09-04
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

http://www.allied-media.com/Arab-American/NY-Arabs.htm

can u work with this??????????

2. How many Arab Americans are there?
    This is the subject of some debate. Estimates vary because the U.S. Census Bureau does not use an Arab American classification and because people identify themselves in various ways. Some Arab Americans identify themselves as Middle Eastern, for example. Recent immigrants from many countries are reluctant to give personal and confidential information to the government, and an increasing number of people have more than one ethnicity. Estimates of Arab Americans living in the United States are about 3 million.

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-09-04
  9. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    There are an estimated 8000 stores owned by Yemenis in N.Y. now remember this is only an estimated that i was able to get from a friend who owns a store in uper Manhattan and very old business man in the City of N.Y, however there is no accurat numbers for either the population of Yemeni American nor the Yemen-owned businesses. And i'm not an active community member like you said, I'm just like you, a student who works more than full time job and full time school, but these issues concerns me and had concerned me just like you. there are community organization that dose absolutely nothing, they're just there for the name, so they should be the ones to blame

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-09-04
  11. القلم الثائر

القلم الثائر عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-09
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-09-05
  13. yemen_samurai

yemen_samurai عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-19
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    sister rita
    u r really an active member here
    i hope i can get some of ur enegy
    GOD bless u and save u
    take care

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-09-05
  15. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Here you go bro,

aaysp.com i think they could be of help.

I'll keep looking and if something crosses my way...be my guest!

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-09-05
  17. القلم الثائر

القلم الثائر عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-09
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-09-06
  19. Voice-of-reason

Voice-of-reason عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-09-05
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I would agree with you on that one. but the reason for lack of mention of the Yemeni in any of these census is because we the YEMENIS are not active participants in the local political or community activities. Most Yemenis working in small businesses are bachelors who don't feel the need to participate or create a local community.

1. I would like to see more Yemenis (That means us the younger generation) demanding more recognition and respect for our cultural values
    2. we can start with EID al Fitar . I hope that more people will close their shops and observe this religious holiday, and enjoy their time
    while observing it, rather than worry about business

Let us start with these two issue everything starts with small steps
    Keep Up th good discussion

مشاركة هذه الصفحة