مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-08-23
  1. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    [frame="3 50"]Aslam Alekum[/frame]

In every Yemeni community in America, there are many issues that involve Yemeni-American girls. Look in your community, see how many divorce cases? Why dose that happen. Are Yemeni-American girls bad and they’re failing to make a house wives or are the Parents of those girls just selling their daughters as PAPERS to people who they don’t want, which will likely result on marriage failures ​

A real life Examples

Lets say, you are a single guy, and people come to you and ask you about your dream girl, and they might ask you what characteristics and qualifications do you want in your dream girl, then you go and list your desired characteristics and qualifications in your dream wifey. Then they be like “ok, cool; when are you planning to travel back home to look for your dream girl?”. Then, lets say your answer was as this; ohh No, I’m planning to find a Yemeni girl here in America. Guess what would be people’s reaction when they hear you saying that, well….not all of them, but most of them. They will tell you; “no matter what you do, or how long you search you will never find “her” in America, you should go to Yemen

Why??????? And how come????1

Why people think that all Yemeni American girls are bad? Why do people think that girls in Yemen are good? Answers to these questions I want to hear from members, especially the sisters. This is about you………speak your mind​

Why dose parents force their daughters to marry people “unwanted” by them! And Why? Dose divorce happen

Please note: that I’m generalizing in all my statements, which means that there are some cases that will disagree with my ideas

Parents striving for money……1​

Could be because the parents are “money-hungriest”. And for that reason they may refuse a person who’s nice and educated and accept a person who’s rich and perhaps uneducated or dose not merge with the girl’s desires​

Parents immorally selling or giving their daughters as Papers (Visas)……. 2

In some cases people back home would offer lots of money to marry an American citizen girl; sometimes by selling their lands and investments just for the sake of coming to America. In this case parents will accept that offer and for some reason the girl might not like that person…..Or in other cases parents might want to marry their daughters to some close family or relative which they think it would befit their relatives by coming to America, work and make a good living ​

Parents afraid of corruption among their families….3

Sometimes corruption cases happens in our communities in America, I’m sure everyone has heard a certain case in their community that shocked them. Sometimes Yemeni girls would merge away from their heritage, traditional, and religious values and follow the evil and inhumanly American ways. Like adapting the idea of “girl/boy friend” which sometimes result in adultery, in this case parents across the community will be frightened and will do anything to marry their daughters under age to anyone available, or take them to Yemen were they will a find some easily over there due to the advantage of “Papers”1 ​

And all of the above cases will result in divorce and clashes in our families in America

That was my point of view. Please feel free to disagree, question, add, comment to my above statements. Sisters are strongly advised to participate in this thread, because entirely this topic is about you and discuses an issue that you might have thought of discussing. I’m looking for a growing-up discussion in this thread, please keep jokes, mocks, or chat away from this topic………………….thank you!!1

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-08-23
  3. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I have a come back to this topic!

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-08-23
  5. *G*_*THREE*

*G*_*THREE* عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-10-31
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    i think the free relationship is the big reasons
    the girl who growup in ammerica her life different

but not all of them will get divorce
    maybe the divorce happen between people who are not frome the some families and who they selling and it depends on ethics and orginal

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-08-23
  7. أبو مقصو

أبو مقصو قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-10
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    keep up the constructive stuff :D
    i'll continue reading later i gotta study

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-08-23
  9. الشاب عادل

الشاب عادل قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    مسكت ايدك على الجرح

I will have a come back for this topic too. I guess our discussion when we met instantiated you to write this. :)

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-08-23
  11. kalmat_al7ob

kalmat_al7ob عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-06-25
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    THIS IS WHAT I THINK

SALAM TO ALL HERE

Your subject does make sense and it happens everyday in a Yemen girls life all yemenie girls are a target to this subject as a person who has close friends and family members who this happen to I don’t want it happing again .
    Why is a yemenie girl have to o through all of this and why are some parents thinking of it as a business that they can make money off of
    Like a purchase from a store why are they doing this to there daughters? Do they know by doing that that in her husband’s eye is a thing he bought and can through away when ever he had enough, does the man know that she is a human being as well
    I mean think about it as soon as they arrive to the home land they get line in front of the dads house who pays more takes and when they as they say it with pride we only want her for papers and a easy trip to the America is that the feature that awaits most of the Yemen girls who go home to see there home land
    Is that the feature that waits for them being sold to the highest bidder? To who pays more? Does it make any sense in life

AND WHAT I SAY AS A YEMENIA IS THIS

[grade="FF0000 FF0000 FF1493 000000 000000"]
    As an American yemeniah girl I see that is true but remember not all are the same there bad girls out there just like there are good and I have heard it to my ears oh you a yemenia and go to school to then you are shamed for that oh u use the internet you work that as well is a shame to all yemenies and some hate to see a girl working hard and proven she can do better than any other person but still is a shame to most I’m talking from a point of view in my life my rounding I’m a student a worker yes I drive and yes I’m a yemenia but that makes most of men in my culture ashamed to say yes she is no I wont be afraid no I will be scared to say so what yes I am a yemenia and right from the Yemen land happy and proud don’t care what some think as long I’m doing what is the right to be done holding to back round holding on to where I come from yes I am a yemenie and I say to them in there face and I say it proudly Yes IM A YEMENIEH and sorry if you think of me that I’m a bad girl because I chose education over being blind ,chosen to work to make something of me instead of staying home , driven instead of waiting for a ride or riding with total strangers , If that makes me a bad girl so think it but one thing I say I have allah on my side and what you think and what u say about me is nothing and remember not all your fingers are the same [/grade]​

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-08-23
  13. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Good topic
    I am coming back inshallah to speak my mind

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-08-24
  15. الشاب عادل

الشاب عادل قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

I really enjoyed reading your paper Shareef and My comments are in red :) I will have a come back too :) thanks for bringing up such a major issue..keep it up and we're all proud of u

الشـــــــــــ المعــزبي ــــاب​

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-08-24
  17. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    good job shareef keep up the good work
    there is nothing better than knowledge

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-08-26
  19. العندليب