الكاتب : yemenreform   المشاهدات : 1,159   الردود : 15    ‏2007-08-11
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-08-11
  1. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I was reading the news today with the usual thought of sharing something interesting with the brothers and sisters at this forum.

I read about the collapse at the stock market and the cash infusion from the central banks. I thought of some people and their investments.

I turned to the NYtimes Metro section and I find this sad head line

Head of City’s Arabic School Steps Down Under Pressure

We were very happy to hear about an Arabic school being opened in NY to help Yemeni, Arabic, and Muslim Students. We were proud to hear that a Yemeni person was going to be the principal "Debbie Al-Montaser" see the old thread http://ysaa.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4064&highlight=montaser&sid=7e55c0f2c09e33655262b1b0c0de366b

I knew the school was facing a lot of criticism and prejudice from the community. They used many excuses to try to prevent the opening of the school. Now They are trying to defame and accuse the school principal of being a terrorist supporter. All she was trying to do was teach tolerance and understanding by explaining the meaning of "Intifada".

The Mayor "Bloomberg", Chancellor "Klein", and spokesman David Cantor were happy to receive her resignation. I am sure she was under a lot of pressure. She did not want to be the excuse to prevent the opening of the school. It looks like NY city failed to understand the first tolerance lesson. A city that still has a lot of hate from the attacks of September 11th is a very difficult place for an Arabic student to receive a fair chance for education.

You are looking at this school as a setup for failure because:-
    1- It was kicked out of a more affluent neighborhood in Park slope at PS 282 because of racist parents. It is now placed at worse neighborhood in a failing school that was recently reorganized.
    2- The school founder Al-Montaser was pressured to resign under baseless allegations of supporting violence against Jews.
    3- So far only 44 Arabic students joined the school.
    Do you want your kid to be part of this school?

These struggling Arabic students could face discrimination and violence from the larger African American population. There will be small fights that others will exploit into news headlines. These students words and actions will be followed closely by racists and their media outlets (The New York Post and Fox news owned by Rupert Murdoch)

Most educated Arabic parents will not want their child participate in such school that is a setup for failure. I think that this school will be exploited to highlight examples of how Arabic youth are the seeds for irrational evil terrorist ideologies.

Below you will find the quoted article and link to the NYtimes
    I think we should send e-mails with expressions of disgust at this act of discrimination

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/11/nyregion/11school.html?_r=1&oref=slogin&pagewanted=print
    [​IMG]

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-08-12
  3. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    things are getting worse and worse for muslims
    allah yi3yn

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-08-12
  5. الشاب عادل

الشاب عادل قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    wow...God help them...thanks for sharing, Yemen Reform..do u know what the community in other states can do to support this cause?

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-08-12
  7. maram

maram عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-22
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanks brother for bringing it up but wallah this is so sad

and i still cant believe that she did that

bas allah y3een

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-08-12
  9. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    . Intifada? she shouldn't mention these words at all; intifada, jihad, alqada, talban. we are the victims of these words and their meanings. such words and acts were crated intently to destroy us everywhere in the world, even in our homelands. that woman resigned because there is no one stand besides her. she had no support, so she did the right thing. our communities are ununited, very apart, and that's the reason why everyone is stepping on us

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-08-12
  11. الشاب عادل

الشاب عادل قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    welcome back brother; we missed u :)

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-08-12
  13. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Yo YemenReform wallah i appreciate you bringing up this topic. I've
    been desperately trying to read about it, once i heard it On NY1 at work.

Not only that bro, but my coworkers whom are American origins, felt
    really sorry to hear about this.
    They said "all of this is caused by the Fu****ng jews" They were really disguised of the jews, in fact they told me some stories about the Jews sabotaging them. They kinda stood on our side. I couldn't believe what i heard but, thats the truth!

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-08-12
  15. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Basically, they are looking for an excuse to not open this school. They are under a lot of pressure from various groups

Al-Montaser did not want to be the excuse

I think there is more to it, but I don't think its appropriate for me to get into more details. I just feel bad for Ms Al-Montaser. I think she walked into a trap. People are very hesitant to show her their support.

They know the school is a setup.
    It is just an excuse to say they are trying to do something for these Arab youth. You look at other schools with a larger Arabic population of students like Fort Hamilton HS and they get very little support to help these bilingual students.

If the student doesn't have any support from the family and private lessons they will not make it in today's rigorous standards.

It is the public school system model that fails many students of minorities and Immigrants to produce future minimum wage and low salary workers.

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-08-12
  17. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

All true brother, one more point if you realize how many Hebrew schools we have in our area!
    And the freaking thing is that they're the ones who get most of the support!
    salam

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-08-13
  19. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    YemenReform do you know what was the sentence that was written on the student's shirts?

مشاركة هذه الصفحة