مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-08-08
  1. العندليب

العندليب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-04-04
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Assalam Alikom dear all .

Firstly .. i'm glad to be with you here , and i'm really sorry for not participating alot in the English section ..

so , i thought in activating this section by putting some topics .. it might be benefitial for ya'll . ( and surely it won't be from my own writings .. ) i'll just copy topic from my Email and put them here ..

it's about reading practice ..

so , what do u see ????

would u agree to put at every day .. a new topic for reading practice here ?

Thanks so much , and i'll appreciate ur cooperation and replies

Yours :
    Al-Andaleeb

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-08-08
  3. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Al-Andaleeb

[​IMG]

between ur sisters and brothers

feel free - because its ur home

and we will wait for ur topics

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-08-08
  5. العندليب

العندليب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-04-04
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks Ritta .. i did not know . you woud be the 1st one to vote - as always .. :) --

here is an example of what i want to put here ..

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

* When you don't know where you want to go; any road will get you there! -- Stephen Covey

* Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect.
    It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections

* Those who bully the weak are cowards before the strong. -- Chinese Proverb

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Expect It

What do you expect to gain from reading this message? What do you expect to accomplish today? What do you expect to get done in the next hour? How responsible do you expect your children to be? How courteous do you expect the ticket agent will be to you?

Your expectations largely define your outcomes. You rarely ever do much better than you expect to do, and you rarely ever do much worse. Most often, you get just about exactly what you expect.

Even when circumstances change, you adjust your actions so that your expectations continue to be met. Whatever you expect of yourself will happen, because you'll do anything necessary to make it happen. Your mind is a powerful goal-seeking device. The more consistently you keep your mind on your positive expectations, the faster they will become a reality.

In your expectations there is great power. You can expect whatever you choose to expect. So expect the best. And that's what you'll get.

Copyright Ralph S. Marston, Jr. Used by permission. From The Daily Motivator®

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

This is Rex Barker with a very cute story ...

We had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom. Well, we have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 1 year old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chap stick. LOVES IT. He kept asking to use my chap stick and then losing it. So finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chap stick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.

Last year on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush, trying to get everyone in the car with all sorts of crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time as I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long ......... that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood. We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car and I am looking for Eli. I have searched everywhere and I finally round the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chap stick very carefully to Jack's rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind. And the only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth.

And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize they've been using your chap stick on the cat's butt.

This is Rex Barker reminding you to never underestimate the creativity of your little ones . . . or of yourself.

An Apple a Day

Do you remember that old expression, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?" It's true, you know!

Eating fruit every day gives you vitamins, minerals and fiber – all good for your body – muscles, organs, and digestion. It also gives you sugars (fructose), less than in desserts or candy, but still very sweet and satisfying.

If your body is well nourished, and fruit plays an important role in the overall healthy eating schematic, then you need to visit the doctor less – and only for preventative care, not for being sick so much!

Copyright by Norris J. Chumley, all rights reserved.

Word of the Day: PRECIPITATE

Definition : to throw violently or bring about abruptly; lacking deliberation

Example : Upon learning that the couple married after knowing each other only two months, friends and family members expected such a PRECIPITATE marriage to end in divorce.

Synonyms : haste, scramble

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."
    :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

The End .. :)

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-08-08
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks Ritta .. i did not know . you woud be the 1st one to vote - as always .. --

here is an example of what i want to put here ..

* When you don't know where you want to go; any road will get you there! -- Stephen Covey

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expect It

What do you expect to gain from reading this message? What do you expect to accomplish today? What do you expect to get done in the next hour? How responsible do you expect your children to be? How courteous do you expect the ticket agent will be to you?

Your expectations largely define your outcomes. You rarely ever do much better than you expect to do, and you rarely ever do much worse. Most often, you get just about exactly what you expect.

Even when circumstances change, you adjust your actions so that your expectations continue to be met. Whatever you expect of yourself will happen, because you'll do anything necessary to make it happen. Your mind is a powerful goal-seeking device. The more consistently you keep your mind on your positive expectations, the faster they will become a reality.

In your expectations there is great power. You can expect whatever you choose to expect. So expect the best. And that's what you'll get

until now i read this
    and it has a deep meaning - all of it

thanks a lot
    now i will go on with the others

[​IMG]

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-08-08
  9. العندليب

العندليب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-04-04
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks Ms Rita
    but as i said on my 1st comments :) .. it won't be from my own writing .
    that means i'll just choose stuff from my Email ;)

and that what i meant to vote with Yes/NO .. :)

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-08-08
  11. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

of course u can give this from ur email - even when u didnt write it
    and
    btw im not mr. - im a sister - so mrs.........................lol

[​IMG]

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-08-08
  13. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    This is Rex Barker with a very cute story ...

We had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom. Well, we have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 1 year old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chap stick. LOVES IT. He kept asking to use my chap stick and then losing it. So finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chap stick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.

Last year on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush, trying to get everyone in the car with all sorts of crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time as I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long ......... that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood. We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car and I am looking for Eli. I have searched everywhere and I finally round the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chap stick very carefully to Jack's rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind. And the only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth.

And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize they've been using your chap stick on the cat's butt.

This is Rex Barker reminding you to never underestimate the creativity of your little ones . . . or of yourself.

until now - the vote is YES

[​IMG]

and thats a really cute story - i can be from all of us - i think

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-08-08
  15. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    An Apple a Day

Do you remember that old expression, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?" It's true, you know!

Eating fruit every day gives you vitamins, minerals and fiber – all good for your body – muscles, organs, and digestion. It also gives you sugars (fructose), less than in desserts or candy, but still very sweet and satisfying.

If your body is well nourished, and fruit plays an important role in the overall healthy eating schematic, then you need to visit the doctor less – and only for preventative care, not for being sick so much!

thats a really good reminder - so thx for sharing

[​IMG]

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-08-08
  17. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections.

wow i really liked these words
    thanks for the nice topic andaleeb
    hope we can see you here more often

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-08-08
  19. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Word of the Day: PRECIPITATE

Definition : to throw violently or bring about abruptly; lacking deliberation

Example : Upon learning that the couple married after knowing each other only two months, friends and family members expected such a PRECIPITATE marriage to end in divorce.

Synonyms : haste, scramble

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch

even this word of the day is good
    but
    really that are 2 words of the day
    because
    this is something good too
    "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch"

so u did a good job

go on like this - but make them one by one, its better to read and answer them

[​IMG]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة