مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-07-30
  1. Bent Aden

Bent Aden عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-29
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Aden
    Aden is a natural port, built on an old volcanic site and first used by the ancient Kingdom of Awsan between the 5th and 7th centuries B.C. The port's convenient position on the most important sea route between India and Europe, attracted the attention of the rulers of many ancient kingdoms, all of whom sought to possess it at various times throughout history.
    Aden's last foreign rulers were the British, who conquered it in 1839, when it became known as the Aden protectorate. When the British left Aden in 1967, it was used as the capital of the People's Democratic Republic of the Yemen (PDRY). At the uniting of North and South Yemen, Aden was declared the commercial capital of the YAR and a free trade zone.
    Aden consists of a number of small linked towns; the port city, the industrial city known as Little Aden with its large oil refinery, and Madinat ash-Sha'b, which is the centre of government. Two suburbs, Khormaksar and Sheikh Othman lie to the north of the old city, with the international airport situated between them.
    Things to see and places to visit in Aden
    The Tanks of Aden: 18 cisterns dating from the 1st century A.D., when they were probably built by the Himyarites. Situated high above the oldest part of the city on the volcanic slopes, these cisterns can store up to 45 million litres of water.
    The National Museum: Situated in Crater, the old part of the city, the museum was once a sultan's palace and contains many interesting archaeological finds.
    The Ethnographical Museum: Open from 8am to 1pm daily. Located in a garden near the tanks.
    The Military Museum: Situated on Sayla Road, Crater, this museum is open every day except Thursday, from 8.30am to 1.30pm and from 3pm to 5pm.
    Al-Mukalla
    This is a seaport and fishing centre in the southern part of the Hadhramawt province, and was founded in 1035A.D. as a fishing village.
    The beautiful white buildings in the old town are of interest to visitors and there are several impressive mosques, notably ar-Rawdha and the Mosque of 'Umar.
    Outside the town a small fortress, Husn al-Ghuwayzi, can be seen on the summit of a cliff.
    Ta'izz A town situated in the northern foothills of Jebel Saber (Mount Sabir). The former palace of Imam Ahmed is now a museum. The museum is located at the end of 26th September Street and its opening hours are from 8am till 12 noon.
    The city walls and gates, ::I and ::I, are worth a visit. There are several beautiful mosques and an interesting souk situated by the northern wall of the old city.
    On the eastern outskirts of the town stands the Salah Palace, which has also been converted into a museum. Adjacent to the palace is a small zoo.

Ibb
    Situated in one of the Yemen's most lush valleys. Visit the old city, which contains some interesting old stone tower houses.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-07-30
  3. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    once again i'll have to read this!

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-07-30
  5. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Ok First of all welcome to the english section!
    Second i really appreciate your effort in explaining yemen better.
    I wanna let you know that i am a fan of history, so you met my day!

Ok so if i go to Aden to visit those places, cuz i love yemeni museums.
    Are they all close to each other?
    Will i find a convenient hotel?
    What is the name of the place i should go to?

Can you provide their names in arabic?
    One more thing if you could provide pictures it would be super!

yallah i appreciate it!

salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-07-30
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thanks for giving this all

and can u give more informations about IBB

thanks a lot