1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Are you happy?

[​IMG]

That looks like a very simple question. To some people the answer is also simple. But is it really? I ask myself this question almost everyday & I get a different answer each time. To answer this question, first we need to know what's happiness? How can we define happiness? Dictionaries define happiness as: good fortune; pleasure; *******ment; joy. However, the definiton of happiness differ from one person to another.
    I don't know how to define it. I see people who are rich, dating supermodels & seem to lead a great life & say that they are not happy.
    On the other hand, I see people who suffer fatal illness, poor but still can smile through all of these & say "I am happy", so things are never as they seem.
    Apparently, it's not about what you own, still for few people it is but this is a temporary happiness. Also, pain or hard conditions cannot stop some from being happy coz they can smile through the pain, but also some find it hard to.. So how can we be happy? Why in this age few feel real happiness? Our parents & grand parents say that our generation doesn't know what happiness is or how to be happy?
    Others say it's the technology or the fast track of life.. Maybe happiness doesn't have to do with any of these things because it's a state of the mind, all we need is to think positive & we'll find happiness.. Like this new book "The Secret"; it says that we attract everything that happens to us, maybe that includes happiness
    Personally im happy in the most of the time - but in other times - not. That
    doesn't mean I feel then miserable, on the contrary. Somedays I am just fine & other days I get this feeling that everything is great & whatever isn't, will be alright. Maybe this is happiness to me, knowing that everything wrong will be alright.. However, what made me write this article is that I've asked my self this hard question "Am I happy?" I found myself saying "I don't know".
    I think I don't know because I don't know yet if that is happiness for me.
    Last but not least, even if we knew what happiness is & how to be happy, will we find ourselves really happy? Or disappointed because after we knew what happiness is we found ourelves not even close to it?

So, as I said "Are you happy?" is no simple question & our answer may change any second, also the happiness that we think we see in other people's life may be misery indisguise because what appears maynot be what is real & those we pity for having a hard life may be happier than us.. So we need to "Pursue happiness" (like the name of the movie) And most important ask ourselves each night before we go to bed this tough question & think of the answer really hard
    because "Are you happy?" can be a tricky question

what is ur answer for this???????????

[​IMG]

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-07-28
  3. yemen_samurai

yemen_samurai عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-19
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    what a philosophy

:D:D:D:D

that was really nice

the real happiness is in our ISLAM

take care

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-07-28
  5. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    To be happy is too be ....... with what you have

I think it was Buddah that said desire causes suffering
    To stop suffering doesn't mean to achieve happiness
    Does that mean if we don't take any actions we will not cause any reactions? 1

I think happiness is not easy to describe. I like Aristotle and Plato's way of thinking. Moderation is our best path to happiness.

In moderation you will have your good days and bad days. Not all your days will be happy. It takes the feeling of pain and suffering to appreciate the value of happiness. You can't really avoid the bad days. If you are lucky you will have as many good days as you had bad days.

Important: Try to avoid making other people unhappy. I think it is the worse thing to seek happiness at the expense of other people's suffering. It is like Hippocrates said do no harm

I hope that most of your days are filled with happiness
    Salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-07-28
  7. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    whaaaaaaaat a nice question
    i think happiness cant be defined by words
    its just a feeling that you get sometimes or most of the times
    to be in peace with yourself and others is
    one of the keys to happiness
    peace

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-07-28
  9. خفا الاحزان

خفا الاحزان عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-07-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
    السلام عليكم
    Wow, sister that's a really big question,but the answer to it is so simple. Every faithful person is happy. You know why because they thank Allah for everything they have so Allah always give them . everything they NEED in life. Allah always gets his beleivers what they NEED and they be so happy,but people who always look for their WANT will never be happy. YOU know why because human always want things and work so hard to get them which is not right get your NEEDS and be HAPPY and thankful 2 Allah
    I think that this is the key to happiness in life
    So simply I can answer yes thank ALLAH i'm so happy
    Life is nothing
    LIfe is just a test
    DID U study for it
    Thanx a lot sis
    that was a great topic
    May Allah surround you with his peacfulness

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-07-29
  11. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thank u yemen_samurai for this great feedback
    i liked it

[​IMG]

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-07-29
  13. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

yemenreform i appriciate ur good reply
    thanks a lot

[​IMG]

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-07-29
  15. إبراهيم ناصر

إبراهيم ناصر مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-04-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    are u happy????????????

look around the whole world and tell me

should I be happy for real

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-07-29
  17. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

hi dee
    i think u are right - it is for everyone something else
    and its something what u feel

thx for giving this nice reply

[​IMG]

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-07-29
  19. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

when u only look it in this way - the answer is very simple, i agree completly with u
    thanks a lot for sharing this answer

[​IMG]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة