الكاتب : yemenreform   المشاهدات : 862   الردود : 11    ‏2007-07-16
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-07-16
  1. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I would like to here more from you guys on what you have heard about recently or in the past about Russia and its influence in the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/w...oref=slogin&ref=weekinreview&pagewanted=print

The Russian AK-47 was made 60 years ago. Russia is celebrating it as a symbol of the Russian Engineering. I am not a fan of weapons, but it is known to be the most durable gun in the world. It seems that Russia is trying to recapture the some of its prestige.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the Russian have had little time too celebrate. With the increasing oil prices, their economy has gotten stronger. They are even trying to control some of their neighbors that depend on them for fossil fuels. Their influence is even threatening Europe.

During the past few days, Russia announced that it will not abide by a treaty that limits the amount of soldiers and heavy weapons that it can keep near its western borders. This was a reaction to the America’s refusal to stop installing Anti-Ballistic Missile defensive weapons in countries near Russia. Russia in the past had announced that these ABMs cannot stop its latest Muti-head nuclear weapons. America in the past had withdrawn from an International treaty too limit the amount of nuclear missiles. Russia seems to be gaining strength and showing off its potential threat while America is wasting money and manpower in a futile struggle in the Muslim world.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-07-16
  3. الشاب عادل

الشاب عادل قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    SalemLem Mr. YemenReform

Wallah I think the russians [governments] are idiotic since Lenin revolution...

C'mon..who would live under a communist rule for more than 70 years....they're celebrating the ak-47 and they have nuclear weapons...but all that doesn't do anything....US is still the police of the world...controlling every country even Russia....It has been days when the Russia was a real threat...but now...not really...

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-07-16
  5. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thank you for participating YemenReform!

I think Adel is right! Russia is now nothing compared to the US.

But hey you never know! I think that its standing on its feet back again. Coz if they "announced that it will not abide by a treaty that limits the amount of soldiers and heavy weapons that it can keep"
    then that means they are confident in themselves and that they have the right to compete with other countries although the US might oppose it!

salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-07-16
  7. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I think Russia is gaining power back and this mostly due to its president Vladimir Putin. Some people might say; it's not all about the President, especially Yemenis; they think the improvements comes entirely from the government institutions and the people, well it is true. but great deal of the improvements comes from the President. that's why when we say our Yemeni president is corrupted; they say NO it's not his fault, it's his officials, this is wrong. Anyway I think we're talking about Russia here. The president of Russia Vladimir Putin has reclaimed so much power for Russia since the fall of the USSR, more than any Russian president did after the USSR era. Increasing oil prices is also a factor of Russia reclaiming power. Now Russia is involved in the world conflicts more than ever, especially in the Middle East, so i think Russia is on its way to success again, but this time without the communism influences. Russia is also taking advantage of America being less powerful and they are learning from America's mistakes as well as from their former USSR's mistakes. But i think Russia will never be as strong as the USSR because they lost their most powerful allies on the borders of the EU, for example Ukraine; used to be called the "bread basket of the USSR", Estonia, Lithuania, and Latvia all joined the EU. Ukraine isn't an EU member yet, but recently they have turned to the EU, that's why one time Russia tried to punish them by cutting fossil fuels. As of the AK-47 or the Kalashnikov is no doubt the best gun in the world. It is very simple to use, and the most widely-used gun in the world, and Russia should celebrate its anniversary .

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-07-17
  9. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    there was a yemeni guy in the united states hes from the biggest arab gangsters in america they used to call him ak47 if anybody knows about him holla

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-07-17
  11. shareef

shareef قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I know someone named AK-47, He's now doing a life time prison,

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-07-17
  13. keep it real

keep it real قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    ak47 is back in yemen and he went to prison in yemen several times but i dont know if hes in prison these days

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-07-17
  15. Asgarnia Lord

Asgarnia Lord عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-17
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    While reading some of the posts I had a feeling that many of you wish that Russia will come back to stabilize the world's powers. As if Russia is a light at the end of dark tunnel.

If anyone do a comparison between the United States and what is been known as Soviet Union, United States always in the top. and the AK - anniversary is just to remember the good old days similar to what Muslims do
    which to remember the past with its glories and forget the present and the future.

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-07-19
  17. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I think it is dangerous to underestimate Russia/China and its influence. There is no light that is at the end of the tunnel coming from Russia or America. 1

Look at the Iraqis they don't even have a tunnel anymore

I am just saying to be aware of all the sleeping wolves

According to some one from another forum:

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-07-19
  19. Asgarnia Lord

Asgarnia Lord عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-17
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    What you said about Russia could be true

but the idea of world war 3 is not accurate