1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    A day at my work

[​IMG]

I told u before, that I a m working in a house were old people are living in, when they cant live alone at home or they have no one, who can take care of them, maybe because they are so sick or their children have to work.

I am working in the entrée, so all the people – now matter whom – come first to me.

One day it was a really hard day – because their happened a lot.
    First a woman disappeared – we couldn’t find her at all. We looked in the whole house, in the garden, wherever, but we couldn’t find her. And she was doing that a lot in the last time, but we could catch her, when she tried to go out. She is sick and her mind is not working clear, so she wants always to go “home” – where she was living before. This place is like 7 kilometres from the house – its called residence - away.
    After hours – we couldn’t find her and even we asked the police to look for her – a doctor from this town called me and asked me, if she is living now in our house. I told him yes and then he told me, that she is there. She walked until the town and when she was there, she couldn’t remember, why she went there. So people catch her and brought her to the doctor.

I asked him to send her with a taxi back and a few minutes later she arrived the house and alhamdulillah, she was ok and nothing happened to her.

At the same day a drunk man came there to visit a friend. I told him he cant, because we don’t allow drunk people (and he was so drunk) to come in. but he tried and tried. I asked him to come with me out. Outside we had a small place with water, where the people could walk around. Then he tried to beat me, because I don’t let him go in again. My boss called the police and the man and I was running around this water, until the police came and took him.

That was done, then the alarm started in our house – that means fire. I have the plan of the rooms in my office, so I could see, in which place in the fire. I asked a man to run there and look for the person, who is living inside. A few minutes later – they fire workers came with 5 big cars – to look for the fire and in the same time, the man came down to tell us – everything is ok, she forgot to close the gas after cooking and the meet burned a little. That’s it.
    So the fire workers didn’t really need to do anything and they left.

Between all this matters I have to tell the people, who are coming in, where to go, help them with papers they need, help the people who are living in the residence, when they have any questions and and and……………

So, that’s was only one day at my work ……………………..but I love this job, because when u get a smile after ur work u feel really, that u did something good at that day.

rita al-shoaibi ...........................7 july 2007

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-07-07
  3. iBn Al-YeMeN

iBn Al-YeMeN قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-06-21
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    woow intersting story for one day-- mashallah u doing alot of work sis
    Thanks for sharing it with us ...

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-07-07
  5. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Rita i'm reading your story in the middle of my shift. And the funny thing is that i have the same job as you. I am a receptionist at a gym. Its almost the same. I check people in, i register new comers, ...etc.

Except that almost everyone here including the members know me so , WE COOL!!!

BTW both offices have similarities in between.

salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-07-07
  7. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thank u so much nasser for ur feedback

[​IMG]

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-07-07
  9. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thanks a lot ahad for answering this topic
    and u know
    i like always ur way of answering

[​IMG]

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-07-07
  11. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Rita to tell ya the truth, an old man just passed by and swiped his ID for clearance. He left the building and came back again "i asked him where is the ID" he said " wow i just passed by you 5 minutes ago!!! you're too young to forget such things! You have to upgrade your memory." my staff mates were laughing at me. :D

salam

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-07-07
  13. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

sooooooooooooooooooooo funny
    i liked it

[​IMG]

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-07-07