الكاتب : samiah   المشاهدات : 1,298   الردود : 11    ‏2007-07-03
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-07-03
  1. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I wrote this Essay based on a separate paper I was given to evaluate my study skills. so don't be confused by the numbers in there, cuz they represent those evaluations.
    This Essay was for a psychology class

PURPOSE:
    Focusing on a purpose, made me think in more than one category, but the category that I am mostly concerned with is studying. My study skills are one of the things I find important to improve, because I believe that my motivation to complete college relates to my ability to develop my study skill’s in all stages of behavior, thinking and feeling. Therefore, the more I improve my study skills the more I will be motivated to complete college.

INFORMATION:
    My study skills show an .....alent score on each effective and ineffective habits which is according to my observation (3\3) so, my study skills among all categories is the lowest especially, compared to my motivation to complete college score (6\0) which is obviously high.
    From what I experience, I notice a very big insistent and commitment to complete college, therefore, I organize and plan every thing I need ahead of time. Although, I always make sure I am prepared which puts me on the right track and draws positive goals to complete college.
    On the other hand, and based on my own experience, I find my self more moody and stressful while studying but at the same time I tend to commit to my studying, which do reflect good grades on my tests. I also notice a balance between my behavior study skills and my cognitive study skills. For example, I might get sleepy while studying, so, I try to take a little nape before I start to study and then I focus on what to study.

INFERENCE:
    I infer that stress plays a big roll in my study skills. I experience that when I have a lot to study I attempt to be very stressed which makes me study more efficiently and spend my time wisely. As a result I notice then , that my grades go up to an (A) range instead of a (B).
    On the other hand, when there is little to study, I get really moody and lazy as well as stress less, which makes me take many breaks while studying and I end up getting a (B) grade when I could have gotten an (A).
    However, I see that I am very well motivated to complete college and I do not have any problems concerning that situation.

CONCEPTS:
    I think that my support that I gain from my family has a big impact on my motivation to complete college as well as my own concepts that I draw for my self. Moreover, my good habits are equal to my bad habits in studying. However, my good habits are supportive and they increase my motivation in all categories. For example, knowing that I have a lot of things to study that would make me highly committed to study and finish what I have to study at the right time, which I think decreases any chance for me to think in my bad habits like laziness or sleepiness that might cause me a problem. As a result, I concentrate on my studying more. However, my concept at that time is that I do not allow any of my bad habits get in to my way and disturb me.

ASSUMPTION:
    I assume that my behavior study skills are not efficient enough or strong enough to relay on and to be confident that they are the right skills for me to follow. Although, I assume that they might not meet my desires. However, these skills might distract me or make me less efficient and committed to my studying, which might be a reason to be less motivated to complete college and reach my goal. So developing my study skills in all categories and especially the behavior domain will have a big impact on my motivation to complete college.

IMPLICATIONS:
    If I decide to not control my study behaviors and submit to them, that might reflect negatively to all my goals and motivations to complete college. In fact, it might affect my good habits in studying and turn them to bad and useless habits. That would make me doomed to failure of any step forward in my career and what I want to accomplish.

POINT OF VIEW:
    I am viewing this situation on what are the consequences of effective and ineffective information based on my studying behaviors. I am balancing between both good and bad habits. I am also trying to consider all what might have an ineffective impact on my career goal, motivations to complete college, and what I should be aware of for the future. On the other hand, I am viewing what do I gain from my effective habits and are they useful. Moreover, are they good enough or do I need to find other ways to make them more effective?

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-07-03
  3. iBn Al-YeMeN

iBn Al-YeMeN قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-06-21
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    stop showin off gurl..... from B to A :p .....j/k---well done essay

Thanks for sharing it with us .....

[​IMG]

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-07-03
  5. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Very well arranged, very well expressed.

I only have one thing to say. Some of the points you mentioned above do happen to me, such as feeling a bit lazy when you have less work to do ,instead of using that chance to study harder.

Anyways Samiah since the Essay topic was brought up, how about we arrange a competition based "On who writes the best essay". We agree on a certain tangent, and then everyone gets a chance to write an essay???

salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-07-03
  7. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

hahah
    Thanks for the pass and the nice comment
    :)

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-07-03
  9. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

Yeah, laziness tends to get to some people, I do regret that when I don't like my grade, really you could of done better
    when you think about it.

Thanks for the pass

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-07-03
  11. ابوالقاصي

ابوالقاصي قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    اللقب الاضافي:
    نجم الصوتيات والمرئيات لشهر رمضان عام 2010
    woooooooooooooooooooow
    thats not me guys.... i cant write like that .. take me out of the competition.

I'M OUT

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-07-03
  13. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

No, you didn't get it
    this is a different kind of Essay
    but the one were going to write for the compitition is not this long

اطمن ;)

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-07-03
  15. ابوالقاصي

ابوالقاصي قلم ماسي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    اللقب الاضافي:
    نجم الصوتيات والمرئيات لشهر رمضان عام 2010
    i DONT KNOW!!!! I'LL THINK ABOUT IT

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-07-03
  17. T_K

T_K قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-06
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Samiah,
    great essay, and a great inspiration to students

but let me bring to your attention a few grammatical points, if that's OK with you

You seem to put commas in wrong places, and tend to not use them before the subordinator 'which.' 1

the lowest, especially compared

From what I experience, I notice a very big insistence and commitment to complete college; therefore, I organize and plan every thing I need ahead of time. Thus, I always make sure I am prepared, which puts me on the right track and draws positive goals to complete college

which does reflect

For example, I might get sleepy while studying; so, I try to take a little nape before I start to study, which makes me focus more on my studies

a big role

I think you meant to use "tend"1
    when I have a lot to study I tend to be very stressed

As a result I notice, then, that

Besides the concepts I draw for myself, my family's support has a big impact on my motivation to complete college

my good habits equal my bad habits

knowing that I have a lot of things to study would make me highly committed to studying and finishing ...

habits to get into my way

are neither efficient nor strong enough to relay on

to follow; though, I assume

I view this situation from the consequences of effective and ineffective information based on my studying behaviors.

Nevertheless, I'm viewing what I gain from my effective habits and
    how useful they can be

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-07-03
  19. samiah

samiah مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanks TK I knew you were going to find a lot of messed up things in there

Hey Ahad here is the judge for our Essay competition:D

مشاركة هذه الصفحة