4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-06-27
  5. hitman

hitman عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2002-12-01
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    المقال بعنوان اليمن المنسية الجائعه ؟

الصراحه انا قريت حوالي 20 سطر وفهمت ان هذه المره جالسه بتكتب عن النساء والاطفال وسواء التغذيه والمعيشة ؟

المهم خيرت الله هذا هو حال بلادنا ليش نخبي ؟ فقر وفقراء

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-06-27
  7. المشرف

المشرف عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-20
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    لالا

والله في امل في التقدم

الله يحفظ الرئيس كم بيتعب

وبشارة خير

عن ايش الموضوع يتكلم

انا ثقافتي المانيه الشرقية

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-06-27
  9. rashadd

rashadd عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-08
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    والله فيها الخير طلعت المرأه الآجنبيه أحن علي نساء وأطفال اليمن من حكومتنا الرشيده ومع ذلك لنا الله والله يصلح الحــــــــــــــــــــــال

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-06-27
  11. إبراهيم ناصر

إبراهيم ناصر مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-04-14
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Anne Lassen, Sana'a: Perched on the edge of the Red Sea, Yemen is almost forgotten as wars rage in the Middle East and drought brings nearby east Africa to its knees.

The scales show that the pregnant woman weighs 39 kilogrammes, about 86 pounds. “How far is she into her pregnancy? I ask my colleague.

“She’s 9 months pregnant,” comes the reply.

I can’t believe it. The woman is thin, has dark circles under her eyes and weighs 25kg, 55 pounds, less than me despite being heavily pregnant and the same height.

Women, children and men are gathered around our group of aid workers. We are all measuring, weighing and performing blood tests on women and young children in the village.

Children who are malnourished and undernourished are not difficult to spot.

Red and blond hair on dark children is a sure sign of Kwashiorkor, a type of protein malnutrition caused by eating too little food or the wrong food.

“There are times we only have bread and tea. That is the only thing we have to eat,” an elderly woman says in Arabic.

WFP's work

The villagers begin gathering any food they can find to invite us for lunch.

They want to make us lunch and not eat the food themselves! We have to decline the invitation. We cannot take food from people who have nothing.

I am hungry as it has been a long day, but I know I will not be able to eat until much later when we leave the village.

After having declined the lunch invitation it would be rude to eat my own food in front of the villagers.

I am sweating. It is over 45 degrees and I am wearing a long black abia and a scarf to blend in as much as possible with my local colleagues and not create too much attention in the village.

Why is Yemen so rarely seen in the international headlines? It is the poorest country in the Middle East and North Africa and is ranked 151 out of 177 in the UN’s list of the poorest countries in the world.

Nearly half of all children under five in Yemen are underweight.

It is a silent disaster – although maybe not considered as serious as what we see in Niger, Ethiopia and other places in Africa where pictures of skeletal children make the international community react.

The problem here is that the disaster is much more difficult to see.

The quality of life is very low among people in the villages and is preventing development in the country. Empty stomachs make it difficult to concentrate and to learn, and prevent people from improving their living conditions.

WFP is trying to tackle hunger early on in Yemen by giving nutritious food to malnourished pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding, and children under five.

WFP is also working to encourage girls to study by giving food rations to the families of girls who attend school.

Others who benefit from WFP food in Yemen include refugees and people who are ill with leprosy and tuberculosis.

It is getting dark and our driver is racing down the mountain. We overtake camels and donkeys carrying water to the village and women who are on their way up the mountain carrying enormous piles of wood on their heads.

Many of the women are covered from top to toe and I wonder how they can find their way as they can hardly see.

I am tired. I have been travelling for five days, sleeping three to four hours every night and working in the villages every day. Tomorrow I am going back to Sana’a, the capital of Yemen and the place where I live and work.

After less than a week I am more than ready to return to my life in Sana’a, but at the same time I know that the people in the villages do not have the same option.

They cannot choose to return to something different. Their life is a daily struggle to survive and every day it is the same.

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-06-27
  13. يمانى الهوى

يمانى الهوى عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-06-27
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    على ذمة جوجل هذة هى الترجمة مع ملاحظة انها ربما غير مرتبة نوع ما لكنها مفهومة

اترككم مع الترجمة وعلى ذمة جوجل

[​IMG]الصورة المرفقة بالموضوع

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-06-28
  15. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

posting Emails is unacceptable due to Forum Rules

http://www.ye1.org/vb/showthread.php?t=208923

plz look for that