what do u think about marriage in yemen?

الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 2,202   الردود : 46    ‏2007-05-30
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-05-30
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Marriage in Yemen has grown so expensive that many young people cannot afford to get married until later in life.
    But often they do not want to wait for years to be with the person they love.
    To solve this conundrum, many young people enter into Urfi marriages, a kind of non-official marriage that allows people to have intimate relations without going through the ordeal of a real wedding.

what do u think of that and how it should change?

i want to know all what is in ur mind about that !

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-05-30
  3. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Marriage in Yemen has grown so expensive that many young people cannot afford to get married until later in life.
    But often they do not want to wait for years to be with the person they love.
    To solve this conundrum, many young people enter into Urfi marriages, a kind of non-official marriage that allows people to have intimate relations without going through the ordeal of a real wedding.

what do u think of that and how it should change?

i want to know all what is in ur mind about that !

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-05-30
  5. الا الفراق

الا الفراق عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-10-03
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    the love comes after the marriage

that's what I think and that's my personal openion!
    but I been in Yem just two times ,so maybe there is another openion
    from who lives in Yemen
    thanks sis

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-05-30
  7. الا الفراق

الا الفراق عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-10-03
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    the love comes after the marriage

that's what I think and that's my personal openion!
    but I been in Yem just two times ,so maybe there is another openion
    from who lives in Yemen
    thanks sis

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-05-30
  9. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

u didnt get my point:
    i want to know what can change because the man there have not enough money for the marriage, because they dont have a job or they dont get enough salery.
    what can or must be changed for that?

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-05-30
  11. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

u didnt get my point:
    i want to know what can change because the man there have not enough money for the marriage, because they dont have a job or they dont get enough salery.
    what can or must be changed for that?

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-05-30
  13. albentalyemenia

albentalyemenia عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-05-15
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    alsalam 3alkom
    i think now in days marriage in yemen (not all poeple) but most think too much about the money!!!!
    and who will have the better wedding rather then looking for the loyalty and respected poeple who will show love throughout his/her life.......
    wa allah wa3lm

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-05-30
  15. صغير المجلس

صغير المجلس عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-10-05
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    there is no solution for this huge problem unless mine things changes, i meant leaders.

if yemeni people could change leaders there will be investments and jobs and many things would be better changed hopefully.

yemen now is very poor country and some people can not have something to eat and place to live in.

the best way for poor people to get married now is going to society which help many poor people for getting married.

last month one of society could help 200 men and women to marry and this month 500. and next month more en sha Allah.

only God and business men who love to help other can help, the government wont do anything

thanks for giving us chance Rita to write about this probelm.

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2007-05-30
  17. T_K

T_K قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-06
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Rita

I think there's not much to do about it
    It's been in a constant incline
    getting more and more expensive

In a wedding, you have to give dowery, buy the bride gold and dresses .. then, spend money on invitations, Qat, food, singers, etc...1

However, unlike other countries, the fathers in Yemen carry the big burden of getting their sons and daughters married; it's not the youth themselves, on the most part. So, in Yemen, the father usually saves up money for his sons' marriages. The sons are not expected to finance themselves, which is a big support. Also, usually married couples are married into the groom's family's house, in which they don't have to open a new house; this also is an advantage.1

Nevertheless, I still agree that marriages are getting more and more expensive in Yemen, and the only solution is that the brides' fathers consider the young men's conditions.1

TK

18.   مشاركة رقم : 10    ‏2007-05-30
  19. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Al right Rita!!! Way to go!!!!

See i told you, you could bring better subjects than the poems.
    So lemme get to the point, In yemen naa i don't think they have URFIE marriages cuz the kids are under surveillance 24/4 by their parents unless it was a corrupt family.

Consequences of not being able to afford for a marriage leads the person to go out on streets and harass BANAAT AL NASS, and/or chew gat and smoke.

Do you agree with me????​

Secondly that bride's father is like an enemy to his new step son why???
    Cuz he asks for a crazy Mahr. He does not think that instead of taking that mahr and wasting it on useless things, he could give it to his daughter, who could use it to secure a period of time.

Mostly Kids in yemen get married when they are dependent which mean their father pays them (both the wife and his son) the money to buy their everyday needs. And this is a big problem if the husband does not have a decent job​

مشاركة هذه الصفحة