الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 459   الردود : 6    ‏2007-05-29
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-05-29
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    A job interview is generally the last stage in the application process. If you have been invited to an interview, the company is interested in you and believes you have the potential to do the job.

The interview is your chance to convince them that this is true. The following tips can help you shine!

Prepare to succeed
    Preparation is the key to a successful interview. By preparing properly, you can be more confident, less nervous and better able to impress.

If you haven't done so already, use the internet to research the company. Find out about its corporate objectives and company culture and read any recent press releases. Learn as much as you can about the market sector the company operates in and who its competitors are.

Don't forget that the interview is a chance for you to find out about the company as well as for them to find out about you. Read the job de......ion again. Think up some questions you could ask, such as, 'What opportunities are there for me to develop my career?' or 'What training would you provide?'

Write a list of examples to illustrate your experience and skills. Having some good examples in your head can help you talk more fluently and confidently about yourself. Focus on positive examples that show you in a good light - either something you succeeded at or an experience you have learned from.

If your course relates closely to the job you're applying for, be prepared to discuss what you've studied in some depth.

Before the interview
    Dress smartly - wear a suit if you have one. Ensure that your shoes, hair and nails are clean. Neglecting small details like these projects a bad image of your work abilities.
    Work out your travel details well in advance. It's best to leave some extra time in case you are delayed for any unexpected reason, so plan to arrive at the interview venue early, in order to arrive at the interview on time.
    Take three of four clean copies of your CV with you along with education certificates, if you have them.
    The interview
    Relax - if you are too nervous, you won't be able to give your best. Remember that interviewers get nervous too! You wouldn't have got this far if you weren't capable of getting the job.
    Greet your interviewer with a smile and a handshake. It's good etiquette to wait until he or she invites you to sit down before you do so.
    Listen carefully to the questions you are asked and think before you answer. If you aren't sure what the interviewer wants to know, clarify what the question is.
    If you feel you have answered a question, stop talking! Ask the interviewer if you have covered what they wanted to know. Better still, ask a relevant and informed question back.

Body talk
    Body language is a revealing form of communication. You can use it to your advantage by following these tips:

Maintain good eye contact with your interviewer, but don't stare. This makes you appear confident and relaxed.
    Relax. Sit comfortably in your chair, but don't slouch or fidget.
    Don't cross your arms - this is a defensive body position. If you aren't using your hands to illustrate a point, place them on your lap.
    Finding out for yourself
    Traditionally you are invited to ask questions at the end of your interview. This is where all your research and preparation pays off. Two or three informed questions can make you a memorable interviewee. The areas you may want to cover include career progression, training, responsibilities, company pension and benefits, and so on. Don't mention salary at this stage - you can negotiate that when you are offered the job!

And finally…When your interview is over, thank your interviewer for his/her time and say that you are looking forward to hearing from them soon. Leave on a positive note.

Key tips
    Smile. Be enthusiastic. Show you have energy. These are qualities that every employer wants.
    If possible, arrange a mock interview with your careers service in advance to give you practice. This will give you experience and confidence and you can work on your weak points before you do it for real.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-05-29
  3. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thx Rita for the Tips.

I had a job interview like 2 weeks ago.
    lemme tell you one thing, Nowadays you can only find a job if you have connections otherwise it would be hard to do so.
    do you guys have job interviews in Germany???​

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-05-29
  5. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

of course we have interviews here
    but
    in the most of times it works with connection here now too ( we call that vitamin b)

thx for giving ur comment ahad

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-05-31
  7. abo_sam

abo_sam عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-01
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanx that was very nice of you miz rita
    did you do this urself ?
    thank you a gaine :)

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-05-31
  9. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

i think i did a lot of that - BECAUSE i got the job :)
    thanks for ur nice pass and u are always welcome
    [​IMG]

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-06-02
  11. bash

bash عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2002-11-18
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanks Rita
    good stuff wallahi
    but totally agree with AHAD
    , so what to do when it comes to like ahad called it connections

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-06-02
  13. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

hi bash, nice to see u again.
    i really missed u

and i told u, even in germany u have to use vitamin b - or as ahad said - connections
    all i can do is to pray for u and that i will

have a nice time and ur are welcome

[​IMG]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة