الكاتب : عــاهد   المشاهدات : 556   الردود : 5    ‏2007-04-11
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-04-11
  1. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    A friend of mine wrote about her life as a muslim in NYC and i wanted to share it with you all.

Hello everyone my name is donia, and I come from Yemen. I’ve been here for almost five years. My topic is what do people think of Muslims after the events of sept.11?
    Of course we face challenges here after sept.11’s terrorist attacks. As a Muslim, I feel that after the attacks some Americans began to think that all
    Muslims are terrorists and hijackers.

I wish classmates and others ask me questions about my culture and my religion so I could explain to them who we really are, but unfortunately they made, and still make unfair and harmful assumptions. If they did, I would tell them the truth, that vast majority of Muslims including me are kind , loving , and peaceful. And that Islam never
    Taught us too kill or hurt innocent people.

Fortunately many of my teachers , and classmates were kind, and supportive.
    I still feel safe in new York even after being harassed, not only that but, i live a normal life just like every other teenager does. I go to school, hang out with friends, and also spend allot of my time with my family which makes me a happy person. On the other hand what makes me sad is knowing that there are refugees all over the world, who hope to live in a safe place of opportunities the same way we do. I hope they all get the support they need just like we did. Once again I am very happy with my life, and i am proud to be a Muslim

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-04-12
  3. maram

maram عضو فعّال

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-03-22
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanx ahad917 for sharing your friends story
    we all know how hard it is to move from palce to another ahd the negitive idea that other people have about Arab and we all should work hard to change that for example me and the other arab in a public school the way we act the way we talk been helpful made us change some of the nagitive once i was walking in the hallway my friend and i saw 2 boys one is spanish and the other is black one of them was wearing a shal the other was wearing a Palestinian shall that said (nahnoo gadmoon)
    when we ask them why are ya wearing this the said we are presenting the arab
    we successfully was able to have an Arab American student club that almost the whole school is volunteering in

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-04-12
  5. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

Wow thats very nice, i mean how nice is it to have a different race supporting your race and religion.

Us we have an Islamic club in school where all Muslims gather at a certain day of the week and invite other kids to join the club to know more about muslims, and their beliefs.

Now were are trying to get the principal to make this rule which allows us to leave school for Friday prayer , i hope it works

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-04-12
  7. yemenyniga

yemenyniga عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-08-04
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thanks for the story but can you change the color of the font next time

I have to highlight your words so i can read them

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-04-12
  9. Hunting-Lover

Hunting-Lover قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-26
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Nice stories in here
    Thx for both of you

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-04-12
  11. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    i loved to read this story
    and all what i can say for that:

i every place , culture, etc. there are good and bad

but
    here in our place no-one is looking or asking crazy things about my husband, they are friendly and caring about him
    and
    of course i love that.

thx a lot for this story

[​IMG]

مشاركة هذه الصفحة