الكاتب : عــاهد   المشاهدات : 545   الردود : 7    ‏2007-03-16
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-03-16
  1. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Salam every one. I recently fomatted my computer and, i want it to stay clean and a way to keep it clean is that i backed up my registry because its a very important part of the computer system. I found this tip helpful for me i hope you will find it helpful too.

Why backup your registry? Because you really can mess up your system editing your registry. Generally registry editing is for people with too much time on their hands and this real desperate urge to mess with their computer, so lets gets started first lets make a backup of the registry:

Close all programs running on your desktop
    Then go to Start
    Go to Run and type regedit and hit okay. This will open this program:

[​IMG]

Go to File --->Export...This will open a box where you can save this backup registry file.

[​IMG]

Give it a file name and save it to a folder, hard drive, zip disk, backup hard drive, anywhere that this registry will be safely stored. Make sure the Export range is selected as ALL
    Click Save
    Then make sure to send me large quantities of money (this is an optional step).
    Now that you have it backed up its very easy to restore, just do everything you did but when you want to restore it, just go to File--->Import--->Select the backup file and click okay...this will restore you registry back to the default.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-03-17
  3. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    thank u so much for this good information

u are doing more then a good job

[​IMG]

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-03-17
  5. T_K

T_K قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-06
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks brother

but u didn't explain enough as to when to restore the registery file. I mean how do you know that you need to restore your registry file

TK

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2007-03-17
  7. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Nowadays any virus that attacks your computer would most likely spread itself to the registry so that a good time to recover your infected files and another point is if you tried to make any changes and you accidentally screwed up something thats another time to recover too

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2007-03-18
  9. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    backup

There many ways to backup your system
    The point is to have a backup and to update it

The easiest way in windows is to go to
    programs --> accessories --> system tools--> backup

you can use the wizard or just the specific folders you want backed up
    Always check the system state that backs up the registry and other variables.

usually u don't have to backup the whole hard drive
    If you are organized all your ........s should be under my ........s folder. So you only back the system state and the my ........s folder.

Also when installing free software it can fill up your registry with garbage and slow down your computer. when you uninstall cheap software, they don't bother to remove their garbage in the uninstallation. If you have your back up you can restore the system state to its previous cleaner settings.

good luck Ahad

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2007-03-18
  11. yemenreform

yemenreform عضو متميّز

التسجيل :
    ‏2007-01-28
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    my_dacuments = .......s
    .I am not sure why it is taken out like it was a bad word

LOL

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2007-03-18
  13. Digitizer

Digitizer عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-11-06
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    the science of registery is very wide if you really understand it very well then you are in full control of your computer
    there are many simple viruses anyone can write that will edit the registry and mess it up which requires either format or being slick

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2007-03-18
  15. عــاهد

عــاهد مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-09-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

Thanx alot bro, good thing that you are always there when i mess up my computer LOL. Not only that, but you've also helped me accomplish alot of things in my life. If it was not for you i would not have known anything about this forum and met this kind family . You know i am always learning alot from you. This was something that i picked up from you too. At the end i would like to thank you for correcting me in daily life. I'd also want to thank my fellow brothers and sisters for reading.

Dont thank me thank Yemenreform because he is the one who teaches me these steps.

مشاركة هذه الصفحة