الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 391   الردود : 3    ‏2007-02-08
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-02-08
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    My name is Akram. My wife and I live in Palm Springs, California. We always kept our yard immaculate. Our rose bushes bloomed beautifully, and so did the other flowers in our garden. We had lived here for about 25 years, without any problems, 'til now! New neighbours had just moved in next door, with three young boys. My problems had just began.
    One evening, we decided to barbecue. So, the wife went next door and invited the new neighbours over to join us. Upon arrival, they introduced themselves as John, Mary, Billy, Jerry, and John Jr. Burrows. The boys were 7, 8, and 9. Then, of course, I introduced us as Akram and Mona Yousif.
    I went inside to lock all the doors to the other rooms in the house. But, I was too late. One of the boys had found my golf clubs and had one out. He was swinging it back and forth. I, quickly, went over and took it from him. Another boy had one out before I could put the clubs in the closet. He grabbed a golf ball, too. As soon as he hit the ball, I knew something had to break. Sure enough, the sliding patio door broke into pieces. He ran outside, to his parents, and started bawling. Guess they thought I had smacked him, which I did not. But, I was sure thinking about it. John and Mary could tell I was upset. So, they left and went home. While grumbling, I cleaned up the glass, took the screen door down, and put it in the storage building ~ 'til I could get to the store, the next day. Every morning, I would be outside early, watering the lawn and flowers, waiting on the paper boy. John would be leaving for work. He would wave and I would grumble. #
    Mary and the children would leave, to go to school, and, when the boys started over to the fence, I would spray some water in their direction. They would turn and run into the house, hollering. Several weeks went by with no problems from the boys. One Saturday morning, I saw John pulling a trailer, with a golf cart loaded on it. I did not know that he played golf. "So, we may have something in common," I thought. I asked John if he played golf. He answered, "No, never played the stupid game." "Why the golf cart, then?" "It was at a garage sale. So, I bought it," John responded.
    The next Saturday took the icing off the cake, you could say. I was sitting at the dining table, eating breakfast and drinking coffee, when I heard a sputter of a small engine. I just knew that something was about to happen. Hearing laughter from the front of the house, I went to investigate. Sure enough, those brats had gotten that golf cart started and were driving it around, in their front yard. There was a chain link fence separating our property. Thank goodness for the fence. Ha! That fence did not stop them. The youngest of the three, John Jr., was steering and heading straight for the fence. He was hollering to his brothers to stop it!! He had no brakes. Guess what? Through the fence they came, on the golf cart. The cart went through my rose garden, broke the ceramic water fountain, rode across my green lawn and through the other side of the chain link fence. The golf cart, finally, stopped when it hit a tree. The boys left the cart and ran around my yard, to their house, as if no one had seen what they did. I had to go into the house and take a blood pressure pill. Later, I went back outside and wrote down all the damage they had done, then proceeded, next door, to talk with their John and Mary.
    John said that he would make them work for me, until the damage was repaired. "That's OK. I will get it repaired by a professional. Then, I will send you the bill. Please keep your kids away, please!"
    Years went by and the boys graduated school. One by one, they left home. When they would return, to visit their parents, they would come over to the house for lemonade. We would talk of the yesteryears and laugh, until I remembered how much it cost me for all those repairs. Then, I would take another blood pressure pill.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-02-08
  3. العربي اليماني

العربي اليماني عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2005-06-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Funny story... Thanks rita..

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2007-02-08
  5. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :