الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 302   الردود : 1    ‏2007-01-18
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2007-01-18
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    If he had not known that it were lanterns he would not have been able to discern them as such. When the train passed one of them only a beam of light rushed through his window. Apart from that he could not make out anything else in the darkness. From time to time he heard the sound of leaves or branches beating against the sides of the train. But gradually he lost interest in observing the night and the speed. He thought about going to the café in the first wagon but dismissed the idea in the next second for it would surely be closed. Perhaps a walk would do him good. He could count the steps from his compartment to the last. He wondered how many it would be.

But this train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was opened from the outside and a small woman entered the room. She switched the light above the door on and her face became visible. It was a very plump face with chubby cheeks and a pointed nose. Her make-up was run and the hair hang down loose. She wore a blue uniform of the state train company but the obligatory big "T" on the left breast pocket was missing.

"May I see your ticket, Sir?", she heard herself saying.

Only now he turned his head in the woman’s direction. Before that he had observed her through the reflection of the window.

"Do you like looking out of the window, Sir?", he heard her saying.

"Sometimes, when it is dark and there is no moon.", he meant to answer.

After he had turned his head she heard him answering: "I beg your pardon, I did not understand what you said."

"I would like to check your train ticket, Sir.", she meant to answer making a step towards him.

He saw her coming a step forward and opening her mouth saying to him: "Yes, when there is no moon everything is good."

Now he turned with his whole body to her asking: "Would you like to sit down and look out of the window, too?"

She perceived the words:"Why do you want to see a ticket, who are you?"

She did not feel his words to be aggressive or angry. She therefore sat down opposite to him and heard herself calmly saying: "I am the inspector. I check that you have paid for the passage. That is the reason why I would like to see your ticket."

He saw that she had accepted his invitation to take a seat and said to him: "I like being on night shifts. Everything outside and inside is quiet. And in the first light of the day the train reaches its destination."

"You are right.", he heard himself answering and took out his ticket to check the arrival time. Showing it to her he meant to say: "Look, we arrive even before the sun comes out."

She saw him taking out the ticket. And showing it to her she heard the words: "I understand now. Here is the ticket you wanted to see."

"Thanks a lot. That is all I wanted.", she meant to reply and stood up.

He put the ticket into his pocket and while she stood up he heard her saying: "Yes. But I have to go now."

"Good night.", he heard himself saying.

"Good night.", she heard him saying.

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2007-01-18
  3. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    If he had not known that it were lanterns he would not have been able to discern them as such. When the train passed one of them only a beam of light rushed through his window. Apart from that he could not make out anything else in the darkness. From time to time he heard the sound of leaves or branches beating against the sides of the train. But gradually he lost interest in observing the night and the speed. He thought about going to the café in the first wagon but dismissed the idea in the next second for it would surely be closed. Perhaps a walk would do him good. He could count the steps from his compartment to the last. He wondered how many it would be.

But this train of thought was interrupted by a knock on the door. It was opened from the outside and a small woman entered the room. She switched the light above the door on and her face became visible. It was a very plump face with chubby cheeks and a pointed nose. Her make-up was run and the hair hang down loose. She wore a blue uniform of the state train company but the obligatory big "T" on the left breast pocket was missing.

"May I see your ticket, Sir?", she heard herself saying.

Only now he turned his head in the woman’s direction. Before that he had observed her through the reflection of the window.

"Do you like looking out of the window, Sir?", he heard her saying.

"Sometimes, when it is dark and there is no moon.", he meant to answer.

After he had turned his head she heard him answering: "I beg your pardon, I did not understand what you said."

"I would like to check your train ticket, Sir.", she meant to answer making a step towards him.

He saw her coming a step forward and opening her mouth saying to him: "Yes, when there is no moon everything is good."

Now he turned with his whole body to her asking: "Would you like to sit down and look out of the window, too?"

She perceived the words:"Why do you want to see a ticket, who are you?"

She did not feel his words to be aggressive or angry. She therefore sat down opposite to him and heard herself calmly saying: "I am the inspector. I check that you have paid for the passage. That is the reason why I would like to see your ticket."

He saw that she had accepted his invitation to take a seat and said to him: "I like being on night shifts. Everything outside and inside is quiet. And in the first light of the day the train reaches its destination."

"You are right.", he heard himself answering and took out his ticket to check the arrival time. Showing it to her he meant to say: "Look, we arrive even before the sun comes out."

She saw him taking out the ticket. And showing it to her she heard the words: "I understand now. Here is the ticket you wanted to see."

"Thanks a lot. That is all I wanted.", she meant to reply and stood up.

He put the ticket into his pocket and while she stood up he heard her saying: "Yes. But I have to go now."

"Good night.", he heard himself saying.

"Good night.", she heard him saying.

مشاركة هذه الصفحة