الكاتب : Rita Alshoaibi   المشاهدات : 379   الردود : 2    ‏2006-11-13
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2006-11-13
  1. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    have u ever seen a chinchilla???????????????????

they live in southamerika , chile

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2006-11-14
  3. lenamaghribi

lenamaghribi عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-11-08
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    The Chinchilla

Dear Rita,

I do not know why you have asked about the but I found this article about this small creature and I hope it will help.
    I hope that you will accept me as a friend at your esteemed forum.

Regards .. Lena ..

Chinchilla, common name for rodents found in the South American Andes at altitudes of about 3,000 to 5,000 m (10,000 to 16,000 ft).

These squirrel-like small mammals are 23 to 28 cm (9 to 11 in) long, excluding their bushy tails, which are 7 to 15 cm (3 to 6 in) long. The ears are large and almost hairless. With short front legs chinchillas hold the roots and grasses on which they feed; the long hind legs enable the animals to hop about with great agility. Females produce an average of two to three offspring per litter, and may produce two litters in a single year.

Chinchillas are covered with dense, soft fur, mottled grey on the back and whitish on the underside. They were formerly slaughtered by the thousands for their fur, and by the 1920s, when protective laws were adopted, they were almost extinct. Chinchilla farms for fur production were subsequently established in South America and the United States with some success.

Scientific classification: Chinchillas belong to the family Chinchillidae. ;)

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2006-11-15
  5. Rita Alshoaibi

Rita Alshoaibi مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-07-02
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :

thank u sooooo much for this articel,

it was very interessting

best wishes always

:)

مشاركة هذه الصفحة