مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2006-07-01
  1. قلب عدن

قلب عدن عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-06-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I chose this topic for adicussion because we the teachers-parents -
    -principals and students suffered about speaking and learning the 4 skills in our schools.
    i need a different opinions
    ??:eek: :mad: can share to solve this pro blem

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2006-07-03
  3. a_k_m

a_k_m عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-11-12
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    In my opinion English learning in yemen is not practical at all,
    Every body know that the Arabic language and English language are all the opposite ether Pronanciation or writting but unfortunatily what happens in Yemen is : learn english as arabic material .

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2006-07-03
  5. قلب عدن

قلب عدن عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-06-16
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thanks for your opinion . I think there are a lot of reasons
    -The system of learning from class7 and not from 1 primary school.
    The number of students are between50--60or70-80and thats adisaster in the class for teachers to teach or to conrol them.
    Using Arabic words during comunications(the teachers&studens
    ARE THERE ANY REASONS SHARE PLEASE

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2006-07-04
  7. زهرة الحائط

زهرة الحائط عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-05-30
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    interesting topic
    learning a foreign language is not something easy but not impossible either.. english in particular is easier to be learned coz it's spoken everywhere and students can learn it even through waching tv.. even though, yemeni students find alot of problems during their learning.. they recieve alot of information but find themselves unable to creat one correct sentence!!....a very important Q is: suppose the student got enough education, will he be able to speak like natives? of course not..unless he/she lives in the target community where he/she can practice the language in real sitauations with native speakers.. but we don't need to speak like the natives that's what we need to know.. students r confused about American& Britich dialects.. which is the proper one?.. well.. neither both.. coz no one can claim the authority of English coz english is spoken in many places around the world it takes from different languages even Arabic.. there r Australian english..canadian english..Indian english and who knows? maybe someday we'll have our yemeni english.. so we have to be proud of our humble yemeni pronunsiation..right:p
    another important Q.. why yemenies r interested in learning English? most of them r impressed by the western culture so they learn english in order to be able to integrate themselves in that culture which is unfortunitly going the other way around.. yemenies tend to replace their "salam alicom with "hi.. bye".. sorry instead of "assef"?? why?? coz they want to look "cool" .. but they forget who they r !! English language should be a means to get a better job or to help us response to the changes take place in the world not becoz it is a better language or something.. the funny thing is that english becomes a fashion in yemen.. a father sends his sons to an english school & feels very proud when they start calling him "daddy" instead of "baba".. girls also as well as boys think themselves supperior just becoz they get their learning in one of those 7 stars institutions or schools,( those who live in Sana'a will understand what i mean .. i call them 7 stars coz you have to pay in dollars !! what for?) any one can learn english even at home.. believe me.. the most important thing is to have the MOTIVATION and the desire to learn. we learn the western language but we don't want to be like Americans or speak their crab words.. why yemenies r impressed by their culture?.. Allah sob7anah told us to learn their language in order to take caution of their cunning but not to be like them

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2006-07-04
  9. ween alnas

ween alnas عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-06-13
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    what i think

well when i started to learn englisch in school i could not that time understand anything..with my respect to all teachers but they do not have the real qualification to teach students a foreign language .. what they make is just letting us keep and keep only for the exams..but not to leanrn a new langauage....secound reason is that we do not practice this language in yemen at all and i think practicing is very important for us ..other reason is that we do not realize that englisch is really very imprtant in this time specially ..if we look at other nations we will see that most of them can speak at least 2 or three languages..i hope all the best for us ..and i think that we are improving any way even if that improvment is slow but that gives us a hope..

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2006-07-10
  11. نبراس جبن

نبراس جبن عضو

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-06-29
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    u know the real problem in yemen is that they don't teach english from first grade they start it from seventh grade . so how could it be possible for the kids to know there english well and speak it.
    plus even the teachers are not educated well in the english feild.l

مشاركة هذه الصفحة