الكاتب : google   المشاهدات : 550   الردود : 8    ‏2006-04-13
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2006-04-13
  1. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    It is the best of time, it is the worst of time. This is how Charles Dickens started his well famous novel the tale of two cities. This introduction reveal to the reader the violence that the story will carry until the end of it. It wasn't so long when I finished this story, which I really consider is one of the novels that the literature in English should be proud of. I didn't want to continue the story especially after finishing the first chapter. By my teacher encouraged me to finish it though I didn't had the intention to. The story basically described the status of people in France at that time , and how did the monarchs and the feudal system forced the peasants to overthrough and reject this life. Dickens stated an incident that that when a priest or a prince walk by, everyone should bow to him even if they stand withen miles. and if some one don't obey then he or she will be prescecutd and will be crusified. It is very obligatory from the reader to have an overview of what the status of people at that time, and why the Franch revolution was a critical thing among history that developed the way modern world think about humanity, and the human rights. The two cities that Charles Dickens referred to are Paris and London and how did one of the families survived that revolution and escaped true death.

When I was at the middle of the novel I could n't stop reading it, because there was such a hidden force that pushed me to finish before the sun set. This feeling always occurs to me when I start reading a novel that is very well based and has a message for the reader to obtain and to understand.
    This was just an overview I wanted to share with my brothers and sisters in this forum hoping that whenever someone reads a novel he should invite others to read it , and to discuss it so we could understand the points and the climaxes .
    I read many novels and hopefully by time I will present them one by one to so we could get benifits and we use our time wisley better than wasting it with wastefull acts.

Best regards​

2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2006-04-18
  3. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    By the way there are many novels that I will give their summary here !! that's if anyone is interested or otherwise i will not bother

4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2006-04-20
  5. yemenidude

yemenidude عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-17
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    I have heard that the the first paragraph in the book" the tale of two cities" is the most and best introduction in the whole english literature, i dont know if this is a fact but I want to inform you brothers that in my opinion there ar many other books that have way better introduction than this! And by the way I read this book and I really enjoyed it. bye

salam

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2006-04-21
  7. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    There is no better novel than tale of two cities

8.   مشاركة رقم : 5    ‏2006-04-21
  9. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    especially while it has the best introduction

10.   مشاركة رقم : 6    ‏2006-04-21
  11. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    From your response it looks to me that you don't read a lot of novels am I right?? a

12.   مشاركة رقم : 7    ‏2006-04-21
  13. yemenidude

yemenidude عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-03-17
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    yeah right :cool

I can name right now some novels that are way better than the tales
    of two cities, but still this book is kind of interesting. I would rather say that science fiction novels are more interesting. Everybody has different tastes of what they like to read. In my opinion the book that I could say is better than the tale of two cities is To Kill a Mocking Bird... and this is just my opinion. I advice you to read this book​
    :) :) :)

14.   مشاركة رقم : 8    ‏2006-04-22
  15. ماجدولين

ماجدولين مشرفة سابقة مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    ‏2003-09-24
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    A Tale of Two Cities
    By
    Charles Dickens

I'm with you that it has the most wonderful introduction
    In English Fiction Art
    Till now after 3 years from the last time I read it
    I still reserve it by heart

And it’s all because of my teacher Mr. Aziz Almutlabi the one who insist that I could do so if I live the moment and feel the words and touch them by my heart and not by my eyes or hand

It was a challenge and I accept it

Feel it with me :)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

,Yours
    .Mag​

16.   مشاركة رقم : 9    ‏2006-04-22
  17. google

google عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    ‏2006-02-07
    المشاركات:
    الإعجاب :
    Thank you, and I wish if you could share with us some novels that you read and you are interested you so we also have a chance to take a look at them .

مشاركة هذه الصفحة