Helen Keller

الكاتب : Dr.sameh   المشاهدات : 602   الردود : 3    ‏2005-11-30
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2005-11-30
  1. Dr.sameh

Dr.sameh عضو

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :

Born in 1880 - Died in 1968

Helen Keller at the age of 19 months, (not quite 2 years old) was a happy, healthy child. She was already saying a few words. Then she had a high fever that caused her to become deaf and blind. No longer could she see nor hear. She felt lost. She would hang on to her mother's skirt to get around. She would feel of people's hands to try to find out what they were doing. She learned to do many things this way. She could recognize people by feeling of their faces or their clothes.

Helen was a very bright child. She became very frustrated because she couldn't talk. She became very angry and began to throw temper tantrums. The family knew they had to do something to help her.

She taught Helen the signs for the letters of the alphabet. Then she would "spell" the words in Helen's hand to communicate with her.

They found a teacher named Anne Sullivan. Miss Sullivan herself had been blind, but had an operation that gave her back her sight. She understood what Helen was feeling.

She taught Helen the signs for the letters of the alphabet. Then she would "spell" the words in Helen's hand to communicate with her.

One day Anne led Helen to the water pump and pumped water on her hand. She spelled the letters W-A-T-E-R as the water ran over Helen's hand. She did this over and over again. At last it dawned on Helen that the word "water" meant the water that was pouring over her hand. This opened up a whole new world for her. She ran everywhere asking Anne the name of different things and Anne would spell the words in her hand. This was the key that unlocked the world for her.

Helen had an amazing memory and she also had skills that very few people have ever been able to develop. She could put her fingers to a person's lips and understand the words that were being spoken.

Helen Keller, the little girl, became one of history's remarkable women. She dedicated her life to improving the conditions of blind and the deaf-blind around the world, lecturing in more than 25 countries on the five major continents. Wherever she appeared, she brought new courage to millions of blind people.

Helen Keller was successful because of her determination. Helen became an exceptional leader, once she saw the potential in her own mind. However, many people helped her. The most important person in her life was Anne Sullivan who stayed with her for 50 years.

It gives me a deep comforting sense that "things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal." - Helen Keller
  2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2005-11-30
  3. العسيب

العسيب مشرف سابق

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    In 1960, her book Light in my Darkness was published in which she advocated the teachings of Emanuel Swedenborg. She also wrote a lengthy autobiography called The Story of My Life. She wrote a total of eleven books, and authored numerous articles.

On September 14, 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson awarded her the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the United States' highest civilian honor

than what about us

what we should Do if we have every thing ?

brother thank you alot for thee nice subject

there is never wrong time to do something right
  4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2005-11-30
  5. T_K

T_K قلم فضي

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    "things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal."

6.   مشاركة رقم : 4    ‏2005-12-02
  7. مستقيل

مستقيل قلم ذهبي

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    i,ve read her story before............................ and i think we should learn something from her............................she never knew the meaning of impossible

thank u so much

مشاركة هذه الصفحة