funny signs & notices

الكاتب : Wind Of Change   المشاهدات : 546   الردود : 2    ‏2005-07-05
      مشاركة رقم : 1    ‏2005-07-05
  1. Wind Of Change

Wind Of Change عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    I have collected these funny signs for you, with writting some of my comments next to them
    i hope u'll like them as much as i did.
    it's good to laugh once in a while....right

okkkk here we go

Seen while traveling in the Yucatan Peninsula: "Broken English spoken perfectly"

In restaurant: "Open seven days a week and weekends." -------> what about holidays[

Two signs found on top of one another in a country kitchen several years ago: Restrooms
    to the left. Please wait for the hostess to seat you.

In a New York restaurant: "Customers who consider our waitresses uncivil ought to see the manager."--------> hez more rude hahahaha

In the offices of a loan company: "Ask about our plans for owning your home."

In the window of a Kentucky appliance store: "Don't kill your wife. Let our washing machine do the dirty work."-------> that z one really funny sign

Outside a country shop: "We buy junk and sell antiques."

In the window of an Oregon store: "Why go elsewhere and be cheated when you can come here?"--------> we'll cheat on u

In a Pennsylvania cemetery: "Persons are prohibited from picking flowers from any but their own graves."------> ok just let me open my coffin

On a Tennessee highway: "When this sign is under water, this road is impassable."

!!!!In front of a New Hampshire car wash: "If you can't read this, it's time to wash your car." ----->& how i'm i suppose to read it if the car z dirty

[​IMG]Sign in a maternity clothes store: "We are open on labor day."

Sign in a bookstore: "We treat you write." ------> & it's a book sotre ahhhhh

Sign in a butcher's window: "Let me meat your needs."

Sign at the dry cleaner's window: "Drop your pants here." -----> r u sure

Sign in a cafeteria: "Shoes are required to eat in the cafeteria. In pencil beneath the sign: Socks can eat anyplace they want."

Sign on restaurant window: "Great food (50,000 flies can't be wrong)." ------->of course they can't

???Sign in a Tokyo Hotel: Is forbitten to steal hotel towels please. If you are not person to do such thing is please not to read notice. --------> ok ok u don't hv to be that mad, u zsepeak any english

!!!Sign in a Japanese Hotel room: In another Japanese hotel room: Please to bathe inside the tub. -------> naaaa in the tub, u sure

[​IMG]A sign in the local opportunity shop says, "If your going to steal, then smile for the camera."

Sign on a repair shop door: WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK) --------> repair anything ha

Spotted in a safari park: ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR

In an office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD ------> i wanna see how will these staff look standing upside down

Sign outside a new town hall which was to be opened by the Prince of Wales: THE TOWN HALL IS CLOSED UNTIL OPENING. IT WILL REMAIN CLOSED AFTER BEING OPENED. OPEN TOMORROW

Seen in a State Park in California: "Weather Station (A large sign with a Rock hanging on a rope) Check the Rock. If it's wet, it's raining. If it's moving, it's windy. If you can't see it, it's foggy. If rock is gone, it's a tornado."
  2.   مشاركة رقم : 2    ‏2005-07-11
  3. larose

larose عضو

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    Really it's a very nice collection.
    But u know, it's a big mistake cause these small sentences reflects our personnality and we have to take care of it.
    Thx again and i hope to see more than these.
    so intresting and useful.
  4.   مشاركة رقم : 3    ‏2005-07-16
  5. Wind Of Change

Wind Of Change عضو نشيط

التسجيل :
    الإعجاب :
    What u said is intersting, about how these sentences reflect our personality
    .but i wont call it a BIG MISTAKE....cause it really depends on the way u read them
    ,Actually English is very tricky
    "for instance the phrase "Come On
    can mean three different things depending on the way u say it....
    Anyway...thanx alot for stepping by Larose.

مشاركة هذه الصفحة